Skip to main content
Topic: Indian wells - woo hoo !! (Read 8149 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Indian wells - woo hoo !!

Reply #15
Nole modifying his service action is due to his elbow injury, which may or may not hinder him forever.

He came back too soon to play the Aus open, and still made the semi's.

The guy is a gun, and will prove it, but his comeback is taking time.  Thats ok, but thats something Federer hasnt had to contend with.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #16
There are a couple of young guns who will make life difficult for Novak in the next few years even if he does get back to his best.

Djockovic unfortunately for him played in strong era with Federer and Nadal in their prime and also Murray to contend with.

Federer emerged in a weak era when the likes of Hewitt and Roddick were on top.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #17
There are a couple of young guns who will make life difficult for Novak in the next few years even if he does get back to his best.

Djockovic unfortunately for him played in strong era with Federer and Nadal in their prime and also Murray to contend with.

mbb, what are your thoughts on Nadal's future ?

Reply #18

The top players in an era determine who good their opposition look.
The opposition looked weaker in the era of Fed and Nadal's dominance because those 2 were so great they didn't give others a look in.
The same way Djokovic made everyone look completely substandard for a period of time there.

Djokovic is of course only a year younger than Nadal, so who knows how many he ends up with, but at this time, the GOAT is Federer and he would have been if starting his career at the same time as Djokovic or if he was playing against Pistol Pete or anyone else.

He has dominated for so long it is ridiculous

Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #19
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/del-potro-ends-federer-s-perfect-start-to-2018-20180319-p4z51k.html

I don't understand celebrating Federer losing.
I mean if you are  Del Potro fan, sure.. but celebrating because someone lost.

We are in the era of a Rod Laver, a Jordan, a Woods, a Nicklaus... of tennis.
I am constantly amazed by what this guy does and his refusal to just fade into the obscurity that age creates. Refused to submit to the norm where older players just cannot match the power of younger fitter players.

It will be a sad day for tennis when this guy retires because he has been a game changer for sport.
Since 1972 no player over the age of 32 had won a slam (Agassi Australian Open 2003) and even over the age of 30 that list is restricted to just a small handful of greats.

Each to their own, but I am pretty sure we are privileged to be watching such an amazing career.

Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #20
I don't understand celebrating Federer losing.
I mean if you are  Del Potro fan, sure.. but celebrating because someone lost.

We are in the era of a Rod Laver, a Jordan, a Woods, a Nicklaus... of tennis.
I am constantly amazed by what this guy does and his refusal to just fade into the obscurity that age creates. Refused to submit to the norm where older players just cannot match the power of younger fitter players.

It will be a sad day for tennis when this guy retires because he has been a game changer for sport.
Since 1972 no player over the age of 32 had won a slam (Agassi Australian Open 2003) and even over the age of 30 that list is restricted to just a small handful of greats.

Each to their own, but I am pretty sure we are privileged to be watching such an amazing career.

I'm a Rafa fan, and it's a little like some of you blokes celebrating when Essendon lose. I've said before and I'm happy to repeat it. Fed is blessed with prodigious talent, and he's been focussed enough and disciplined enough to take full advantage. I'm happy for him, but I don't want him getting any further ahead of Rafa than he already is.

Reply #21
I'm a Rafa fan, and it's a little like some of you blokes celebrating when Essendon lose. I've said before and I'm happy to repeat it. Fed is blessed with prodigious talent, and he's been focussed enough and disciplined enough to take full advantage. I'm happy for him, but I don't want him getting any further ahead of Rafa than he already is.

Well it's going to happen - the gap widening - so get used to it.  :)

Next stop? The French for the mighty Fed....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #22
Well it's going to happen - the gap widening - so get used to it.  :)

Next stop? The French for the mighty Fed....

I'm not sure about the French. But yes, I doubt Rafa will ever be a force again.

I will never get used to a stinky, moldy block of Swiss Cheese. Never.

Reply #23
Naomi Osaka pumps Serena in Miami....

No tears from me.  :o
Finals, then 4 in a row!