Skip to main content
Topic: Position vacant: Carlton AFLW Senior Coach  (Read 9773 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Position vacant: Carlton AFLW Senior Coach

Reply #46
There are clearly some issues around the list... but we were competitive last year, and won our first 2 games this year.

Then it all went to sh1t after Davey got injured... but at that point, our list wasn’t looking completely hopeless. Take the star player out of the AFLW teams and it makes a huge difference (although we have fallen off a cliff).

New coach, new game plan, get some new players in... I’m not saying we haven’t had issues, but the article/blog is way over the top.

As for players getting upset or Davey wanting out - if that’s the case (and we should remember it is speculation)... then we should be trading them out pretty quickly.

Also need to keep in mind the AFLW was thrown together quickly... teething issues around communication and structure would be expected.

Reply #47
Bear, those teething issues seem to be mainly affecting us. In fact, to all outward appearances, we are the only club that has fallen in heap. That's the big worry for mine.

Reply #48
Get a very successful local football coach.
Not a successful local women's coach, but if they want someone who has been success at a level below AFL, look in that direction.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #49
Bear, those teething issues seem to be mainly affecting us. In fact, to all outward appearances, we are the only club that has fallen in heap. That's the big worry for mine.

There are clearly some issues... i’m not denying that. Some key people have been moved on.

Need to be careful about no-name websites writing “articles” that contain a lot of rumours... and saying that our existence is threatened, or the AFL should step in is a massive call.

Especially when you click on the author’s name, and he looks like a 15 year old who has been smoking bongs while listening to some early Metallica records on high rotation.

Reply #50
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Reply #51
There are clearly some issues... i’m not denying that. Some key people have been moved on.

Need to be careful about no-name websites writing “articles” that contain a lot of rumours... and saying that our existence is threatened, or the AFL should step in is a massive call.

Especially when you click on the author’s name, and he looks like a 15 year old who has been smoking bongs while listening to some early Metallica records on high rotation.

Yes, I reckon it's a beat up by an anti-Carlton flog.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #52
Yes, I reckon it's a beat up by an anti-Carlton flog.

Beat up?

Our list manager is gone.
Our coach is gone.
Our captain wants out....and others expected to go too. I suspect Tilly Lucas-Rodd would be next in line.

Not sure how much is being beaten up.

Whether the rumoured problems in the article are true or not, its clear that there are some problems. So if there are problems, why make up 'other' ones when you can report the actual ones?

Reply #53
Beat up?

Our list manager is gone.
Our coach is gone.
Our captain wants out....and others expected to go too. I suspect Tilly Lucas-Rodd would be next in line.

I agree, and add to that extremely disheartening on field performances.

Reply #54

Well, that may well be true, but the external signs look extremely concerning.

Reply #55

i like it!
Finals, then 4 in a row!