Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 5: Jim Park Voting: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 4405 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 5: Jim Park Voting: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #15
Team B

4 - Cripps

3 - Simpson

2 - Rowe

2 - Jones

1 - Phillips

1 - Fisher

1 - McKay

1 - Thomas

Reply #16
Team C+

5 Cripps
4 Fisher
3 Thomas
2 Simpson
1 McKay

Reply #17
Team C

5 - Cripps
4 - Simpson
3 - Thomas
2 - Rowe
1 - Jones

Reply #18
C

5 Cripps
2 Fisher
2 Jones
2 Rowe
2 Simpson
2 McKay
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #19
Team B-

A much improved EFFORT - across the board let down by some atrocious mistakes and a lack of awareness when moving forward (not lowering the eyes).

But a massive improvement on the previous three rounds in terms of intensity.

5 - Cripps

3 - Flip (nullified NicNat somehow)

2 - Jones

1 - Rowe

1 - Fisher

1 - McKay

1 - Thomas

1   O'Brien (liked his effort, intent and left foot - even if it didn't always work)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #20
Team C

3: Cripps
2: Simpson
2: Jones
2: Thomas
2: Fisher
1: Rowe
1: McKay
1: Phillips
1: E.Curnow

HMs: Charlie, PaddyD, LochieO, Levi and  Sam Kerridge.

Reply #21
Team B

Cripps 5
Simmo 4
Phillips 3
Fisher 2
Thomas 1

Reply #22
Not specifically aimed at you Jofo, but I notice so many posters giving Phillips votes for 1/2 a game.

I realise curbing Naitanui' early influence earns him some credit, but in the second half when the game was there to be won Lycett and Naitanui handed Phillips his hat and coat and sent him packing!

Have we become so use to honorable defeats that anyone who plays 1/2 a game gets a bonus?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
Not specifically aimed at you Jofo, but I notice so many posters giving Phillips votes for 1/2 a game.

I realise curbing Naitanui' early influence earns him some credit, but in the second half when the game was there to be won Lycett and Naitanui handed Phillips his hat and coat and sent him packing!

Have we become so used to honorable defeats that anyone who plays 1/2 a game gets a bonus?

I gave him 2 votes and I thought he did well for a backup ruckman who could have been slaughtered by one of the better ruck combos going around, I also looked at the centre square clearances and NicNat had 1 to Philips 0....NicNat can be damaging when he gets the footy in that area.....Philips had 8 x 1%ers to NicaNats 7, Philips had 7 tackles to 6 from NN...not bad from a backup ruck.
Overall Philips had 24 hitouts to NN's 26....Lycett probably gave them an edge with his hitouts but I thought Philips did a fair job vs NN and deserved votes as the degree of difficulty was high and he didnt have the support that NN had.....

Reply #24

Have we become so use to honorable defeats that anyone who plays 1/2 a game gets a bonus?

Must have watched a different game to me LP.....

It wasn't the WCE ruckmen that won them the game, it was our bloody mistakes!  :o
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #25
Must have watched a different game to me LP.....

It wasn't the WCE ruckmen that won them the game, it was our bloody mistakes!  :o

At 1/2-time we almost doubled them in the ruck for clearances and hitouts to advantage, by the end of the game they had almost doubled our match totals. We hardly added a ruck stat in several critical areas after 1/2-Time, and that was mostly Lycett giving them the momentum.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
At 1/2-time we almost doubled them in the ruck for clearances and hitouts to advantage, by the end of the game they had almost doubled our match totals. We hardly added a ruck stat in several critical areas after 1/2-Time, and that was mostly Lycett giving them the momentum.

I was at the game and I viewed it from Level 2 of the Northern Stand. There were no commentators or biased influencers around me. I thought Phillips competed very strongly throughout the whole game and I was surprised that he was able to run out the 4 quarters. Much of what he did didn't trouble the statisticians BUT he did make room for Cripps, Dow and Fisher to gather the ball on several occasions. The fact that Natanui wasn't able to dominate was due in part to Phillips' competitiveness. 

Reply #27
Any more votes? I'd like to update before the game tomorrow.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #28
I was at the game and I viewed it from Level 2 of the Northern Stand. There were no commentators or biased influencers around me. I thought Phillips competed very strongly throughout the whole game and I was surprised that he was able to run out the 4 quarters. Much of what he did didn't trouble the statisticians BUT he did make room for Cripps, Dow and Fisher to gather the ball on several occasions. The fact that Natanui wasn't able to dominate was due in part to Phillips' competitiveness.

Not arguing, Naitanui was pretty ordinary against us, he likes jumping over rucks but when he comes up against someone who jumps as high or higher he's just an average ruckmen. When fit Kreuzer has him comfortably covered for game impact. As you mention shepherding, making space, blocking for smalls is far more important than taps or the odd average mark around the ground.

It was Lycett who set the tone for Wet Toast after 1/2 time.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Nic Nat had a quiet game by his standards but he still beat our rucks.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!