Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 5: Northern Blues vs Frankston at Frankston (Read 18010 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 VFL Rd 5: Northern Blues vs Frankston at Frankston

This week the NBs travel to Kar St to play the rejuvenated Dolphins. The game is at 1410 on Saturday.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 5: Northern Blues vs Frankston at Frankston

Reply #1
This week the NBs travel to Kar St to play the rejuvenated Dolphins. The game is at 1410 on Saturday.

That'd be Kars St Capt Crash  ;) . And I'll be making the long trip to Franger to catch my first NBs game of the year. Looking forward to it.

Any one else heading to Franger for this game?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
If I'm not mistaken it's also televised?

Reply #3
If I'm not mistaken it's also televised?

It's scheduled for broadcast.

That ground is in primo condition, if the weather is good it may be worth a visit, you don't want it windy though! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
It's scheduled for broadcast.

That ground is in primo condition, if the weather is good it may be worth a visit, you don't want it windy though! ;D

Sunny periods and 19. Yep, I'll be there, in the worst designed grandstand in the known universe. Then whip down to Hastings to visit the Skinny Bliss before returning home... late, so I've missed the seniors game  >:D  ;) :)

I thought of watching it on the teev, but when you're there you get to see who's working hard off the ball etc.

Reply #5
Sunny periods and 19. Yep, I'll be there, in the worst designed grandstand in the known universe. Then whip down to Hastings to visit the Skinny Bliss before returning home... late, so I've missed the seniors game  >:D  ;) :)

I thought of watching it on the teev, but when you're there you get to see who's working hard off the ball etc.

Not sure how long since you've been there, but they cleaned it up a bit in recent years. Buckenara is the GM, and he's improved facilities and services significantly. Even the outer side can bar isn't the sea of ugliness it used to be! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Not sure how long since you've been there, but they cleaned it up a bit in recent years. Buckenara is the GM, and he's improved facilities and services significantly. Even the outer side can bar isn't the sea of ugliness it used to be! ;D

Not so long ago. The new grandstand has its pillars so badly placed that just about everyone has their view of certain parts of the ground obscured... long time since I've been in the bar though, in fact the last time I had a meal there Rhys was coach.

Reply #7
Northern Blues:

F: 29 J. Hill 5 T. De Koning 38 K. LeBois
HF: 3 J. Palmer 30 P. Kerr 26 J. Silvagni
C: 33 D. Lang 8 B. Myers 24 F. Pearce
HB: 57 E. Penrith 18 J. Weitering 45 M. Shaw
FB: 7 M. Blakey 43 J. Glass-McCasker 49 A. Schumacher
R: 36 M. Lobbe 1 T. Wilson 2 C. Polson
Int: 9 S. Fisher 25 K. Keppel 31 J. Lamb 22 C. McCabe 27 A. Milham

I am looking forward to a better effort this week. We have some good 'Ins', but where did MacReadie go?

Frankston

B: 45 K. Lylak 39 S. Masterson 44 M. Raine
HB: 16 B. Hillard 22 J. Batchelor 6 L. Williams
C: 10 T. Grace 5 W. Fordham 30 K. Gray
HF: 8 A. Ferreira 27 M. McCarthy 3 C. Rich
F: 28 L. Gill-Renouf 15 A. Jarnestrom 14 S. Williams
R: 1 L. Pierce 11 B. Mullane 17 A. Harnett
Int: 32 M. Cotter 26 M. DeWit 29 L. Edmondson 2 M. La Fontaine 19 C. Larkin

Pierce killed us in the ruck for St. Kilda recently.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
Very happy that Weiters has been allowed to play 2s to regain some form.

Team looks pretty decent with Weiters, Lobbe, Lang etc in there

Macreadie - good question.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9
Very happy that Weiters has been allowed to play 2s to regain some form.

Team looks pretty decent with Weiters, Lobbe, Lang etc in there

Macreadie - good question.

Maybe Bolton thinks we need another tall defender in the seniors....  LOL
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #10
Maybe Bolton thinks we need another tall defender in the seniors....  LOL

At least if he did that with a modified game plan he'd have tried something instead of a carbon copy of 17 other teams!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
At least if he did that with a modified game plan he'd have tried something instead of a carbon copy of 17 other teams!

Im looking forward to the week where we play all of Lobbe, Rowe, Kreuzer, Phillips, Casboult and De Koning.

The way things are travelling it will happen within the next 4 weeks.

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
Im looking forward to the week where we play all of Lobbe, Rowe, Kreuzer, Phillips, Casboult and De Koning.

The way things are travelling it will happen within the next 4 weeks.

You left out McKay!

It's not the tool that makes the tradesmen, it's how you use it! ;D

If you have some big blokes go out there with some physical intent and aggression, much like Casboult over the last couple of weeks, and I mean Mumford style intent, it will have an impact on our general performance. Kids like Dow and O'Brien will stand taller!

We are nowhere near anti-social enough on the field, we are perennially the road kill!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13

Knocking back cans on the hill while watching the local footy... i’m getting emotional just thinking about it.

Reply #14
You left out McKay!

It's not the tool that makes the tradesmen, it's how you use it! ;D

If you have some big blokes go out there with some physical intent and aggression, much like Casboult over the last couple of weeks, and I mean Mumford style intent, it will have an impact on our general performance. Kids like Dow and O'Brien will stand taller!

We are nowhere near anti-social enough on the field, we are perennially the road kill!
Yep you are correct, I did indeed miss out on Mckay.

Call it a slip, hes the only one we don't want anywhere near the ruck at the moment (not because of ability but so we don't break him).

Paul Hewson