Topic: 2014 Leadership Group (Read 15298 times) previous topic - next topic

2014 Leadership Group

Hendo in. Waite out.
Gibbs in. Duigan out.
Thomas in (my curve ball)

Make your call.

Re: 2014 Leadership Group

Reply #1
Understand where you're coming from with Thomas but I'd suggest we give him 12 months to settle in and find his place in the group and concentrate on getting some consistent game time.

Reply #2
Henderson in is a must. Leads from the front all the time...never thought a few years back when we received him in the Fev trade that he'd become the player he has.

Waite out is a must. Head-butting blokes against Melbourne of all sides is not leadership quality. If you're going to do it, do it against the top sides/tougher sides in the league. Not some nancy bottom club. 

Reply #3
Understand where you're coming from with Thomas but I'd suggest we give him 12 months to settle in and find his place in the group and concentrate on getting some consistent game time.

I agree. He will show natural leadership by his performance on the ground if he is running well. He isn't too shy to send a compliment either. Thomas and Shaw were the only players to really dig deep in past finals or critical games, if the match was going away from the Pies. This "Die Hard" attitude is what we need with our friend Judd. Give him an official leadership role after his first season. ;) Keeps the spotlight off him.

How are teams going to find 4 taggers if we have Judd, Thomas, Murphy and Gibbs cutting it up in the middle of the ground ???
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #4
apart from Henderson I think there is no one that is captain
Too many introverted soft players at Carlton.
Stunningly poor recruiting.....

Reply #5
Don't let Kruddler read your post Mozzie ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #6

I'm not sure who it was, either the leadership group or Mick...but when Waite head-butted that bloke against Melbourne, and missed our game against the Saints which we lost...he wasn't an auto inclusion into the side thereafter. Great to send a message that if you do the wrong thing, you WILL be punish. I'm going to say it was Mick more than any other influences though. 

Reply #7
Andrew Walker or Kade Simpson.......AW is probably our best player and one of the teams leaders IMO, really matured and should have been AA.

Reply #8
Andrew Walker or Kade Simpson.......AW is probably our best player and one of the teams leaders IMO, really matured and should have been AA.

Both of these 2 would be considered leaders at any club. Not being biased, but being honest. Any club would explode at an opportunity to grab Walker or Simpson types. Walker for his natural creativity and X-factor. Simpson for his "do or die" work rate. Walker just has to be careful with his kick ins, and kicking across the face of goal in defence. If there is a small flaw to his game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #9

If Judd was still there I'd say that'd be the way to go but I would like his influence there in leadership meetings and the like. He's getting very good money and these are the added responsibilities that come with the paypacket. Is he the highest paid player at the club?

AW is an interesting call. I think he'd be a good addition, probably a better choice that Gibbs at this stage.

Reply #10
Murphy, Henderson , Simpson and Tuohy for me.

Reply #11
In - Henderson, Jamison, Gibbs.
Out - Waite, Duigan.

Reply #12
Henderson in... no-one out.

Let Daisy settle in for a year, then bring him into the leadership group (with him performing to expectations) in 2015.

No to Gibbs. Want him to focus on his game.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #13
Captain
Vice-Captain
Deputy Vice-Captain

No need to have any more than that, this "leadership group" thing is a load of crap !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #14
Captain
Vice-Captain
Deputy Vice-Captain

No need to have any more than that, this "leadership group" thing is a load of crap !!

Same!

Leaders of men will naturally stand out, they don't need a title. Anyone who thinks Judd still isn't a leader? Do you think if a young player came to Juddy with a problem he wouldn't help him?

Players speak about the extra time spent at leadership meetings and for what? I rather see them spending that recovering or working on skills or looking at their opponents for the next game. When I was playing basketball, I would always get to the game the week before and look at my match up and look at his favorite moves, see if his non dominant siode can get him out of trouble enough, that sort of stuff.

It slayed me this year when people were on Buddy, how many times they went for a smother only for some candy to be sold and the Buddy just waltzed around onto the left foot. If he's going to beat you make him do it on the right.