Skip to main content
Topic: Andy Flower Falls On His Sword As England Cricket Coach (Read 5607 times) previous topic - next topic

Andy Flower Falls On His Sword As England Cricket Coach

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/31/andy-flower-sacked-england-cricket-coach

"Following the recent very disappointing Ashes defeat it is clear to me that this is now time for England cricket, led by Alastair Cook, to rebuild with a new set of values and goals," said Flower, who informed Paul Downton, the ECB's new managing director of England cricket, of his desire to stand down in a meeting at Lord's on Thursday. "The opportunity to start with a clean slate and begin to instil methods to ensure England cricket is moving in the right direction will be an incredibly exciting challenge for someone but I do not feel I am in a position to undertake that challenge.

Would of been the height of ineptitude to actually stay on after the mauling that team has copped this summer.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: Andy Flower Falls On His Sword As England Cricket Coach

Reply #1
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/31/andy-flower-sacked-england-cricket-coach

"Following the recent very disappointing Ashes defeat it is clear to me that this is now time for England cricket, led by Alastair Cook, to rebuild with a new set of values and goals," said Flower, who informed Paul Downton, the ECB's new managing director of England cricket, of his desire to stand down in a meeting at Lord's on Thursday. "The opportunity to start with a clean slate and begin to instil methods to ensure England cricket is moving in the right direction will be an incredibly exciting challenge for someone but I do not feel I am in a position to undertake that challenge.

Would of been the height of ineptitude to actually stay on after the mauling that team has copped this summer.

Agree....England lacked hunger this series and need to rebuild.....Pietersen will be happy and probably get to continue his career, wonder if they go with a strong coach or one that will allow players like KP to bully them...

Reply #2
They are in a bad place at the moment. Can't imagine how bad it might get after the last 20/20 match in Sydney. They just don't have the confidence and belief to win games at the moment.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
KP now given the flick too. After being the top scoring batsmen for the poms in the last 2 ashes series.

Reply #4
KP is England's version of Fev!

You cannot live with him and you cannot imagine life without him!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
KP now given the flick too. After being the top scoring batsmen for the poms in the last 2 ashes series.

The right move, a weak English management would have stuck with KP and I thought they would but Downton seems to be a man who doesnt muck around and I can see England being competitive sooner than I thought...

Reply #6
I thought that overall Andy Flower had done pretty well for the Poms as a coach, this last tour aside.
Good luck trying to find someone better to replace him !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #7
I thought that overall Andy Flower had done pretty well for the Poms as a coach, this last tour aside.

Ashley Giles or Tom Moody seem to be in the running...I'd prefer they didnt get Moody.

Reply #8

Agree!
Flower is the scape goat for some inexplicable defeats. Peterson also is now a victim of an idiotic review.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #9
I agree about Moody EB1 !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!