Skip to main content

Poll

Should we seriously consider adopting Sharia law in Australia?

Yes and kill the infidels.
[ 0 ] (0%)
Yes and have mercy on the infidels.
[ 0 ] (0%)
Yes and spare the women and children of the infidels.
[ 0 ] (0%)
No because Australians are so cool they realise religion is a bunch of crap.
[ 3 ] (25%)
No because Australians know that women matter more than beards and beheading innocent people.
[ 9 ] (75%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Topic: Rock the Casbah (Read 18998 times) previous topic - next topic

Rock the Casbah

ISIS think they have their finger on the pulse of the modern world. So lets vote.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Re: Rock the Casbah

Reply #1
Are you for real or taking the pi$$? If its the later, it aint even remotely funny!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Are you for real or taking the pi$$? If its the later, it aint even remotely funny!

I work with people who find this completely concerning in regards to the opinion of generational Australians. Of course we can jest at the selections offered but there are those genuinely concerned in the current climate of fear as to the opinions of the new arrivals in our country.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #3
If we want to have a discussion about ISIS and the Middle East in general that's probably fair enough, although such debates usually end in grief.
We probably don't need the poll as the chances of Sharia Law being introduced are on a par with Wollongong winning an AFL premiership.

The problem with such Middle East debates is they are usually hijacked by folk on both sides who are close minded to the point that they refuse to accept that there are always two sides to any discussion.
The internet is full of information and more importantly misinformation that folk use to defend or support a position.
The only folk with any sense in such a debates are those that keep an open mind, don't accept everything they read on a football fan forum, and research the topic as widely as they can.
This is a problem that has had twists and turns (and old scores) since the beginning of settlement in that area. It has some particularly significant issues that have emerged as a result of events in the last century (Israel, Iraq).

A beheading hits hard at our senses but that may just be the effect that the perpetrators are after. Shock our sensibilities, make us scared and nervous, and more importantly, suspicious of a particular group in society, in this case Australians of Middle Eastern heritage. That then instils a fear in that group, makes them nervous and afraid...and in very, very extreme cases can serve as a recruitment tool for groups such as ISIS.

By all means debate it but if you think you have a thorough knowledge of what's going on in the Middle East and your opinion is the right one....think again!

Reply #4
I don't think this is an appropriate forum, although if people sign on to post in this thread it may give ASIO some leads on radicals from both sides!

As for the issue of law, a country can only have one set of laws and all religions fall under them.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Anyone ever wondered why a muslim group would adopt ISIS as its acronym?

Last I checked, they spoke arabic and from what I can tell they dont use S's in their day to day vernacular, and prounouce them as a SH sound which would make them ISHISH.

Makes me wonder if the whole thin isnt manufactured for the sake of sending in the troops.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
Are you serious, Thry?

Just because that's the acronym in English doesn't mean it is used in Arabic.  We know what NATO is, but in French it is known as OTAN.  The French call the USA les États-Unis. 

To make your case, you'd have to show that there's no Arabic name for ISIS.  Couldn't ISIS merely be the English translation of the Arabic name?  Wikipedia gives the Arabic name and asserts it is known by the Arabic acronym Da'esh.

Reply #7
I let you know my opinion later - I'm consulting with Jacqui Lambie to find out more about Shariah Law.  ???
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8
Are you serious, Thry?

Just because that's the acronym in English doesn't mean it is used in Arabic.  We know what NATO is, but in French it is known as OTAN.  The French call the USA les États-Unis. 

To make your case, you'd have to show that there's no Arabic name for ISIS.  Couldn't ISIS merely be the English translation of the Arabic name?  Wikipedia gives the Arabic name and asserts it is known by the Arabic acronym Da'esh.

Sort of.

Personally, this is a storm in a tea cup created by a previous storm in a tea cup, that has negatively affected an entire area dating back to the establishment of Israel.

I also dont find it coincidental that so soon after the negative press about Palestine, that we are all of a sudden up in arms about a seperate issue in a similar location, that all of a sudden means that the Palestinian discussion has ceased completely.

As always, geo politically, things are not simple.

Ironically, we are sending in the troops here, whilst we were happy enough to sit by idly whilst a whole race of people are being persecuted in the West Bank.

Paul Hewson

Reply #9

Ironically, we are sending in the troops here, whilst we were happy enough to sit by idly whilst a whole race of people are being persecuted in the West Bank.

West Bank or Gaza? Gaza was the site of the recent Israel / Hamas conflict.

Reply #10
Israel vs Hamas is one thing, Israel vs Palestinians are another.

As you can see, the waters are that muddy that no one even knows what is happening, but Palestinians are being persecuted by Israeli's all over the country and not just in Gaza.

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
Personally I think we should stick to the topic.There are many Jews that follow Carlton who are pro israel just like there are many Muslims that follow Carlton who are pro Palestinian .One of the great things about our  Club is we can all sit together and cheer for the greatest football team in the land .Lets not mix politics with sport  PLEASE   

Reply #12
Personally I think we should stick to the topic.There are many Jews that follow Carlton who are pro israel just like there are many Muslims that follow Carlton who are pro Palestinian .One of the great things about our  Club is we can all sit together and cheer for the greatest football team in the land .Lets not mix politics with sport  PLEASE  
Agree
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #13

Reply #14
With all due respect guys, this thread is in an appropriate part of the forum, and is a topic that some will be happy to discuss whilst those who are not need simply not click on it.

Paul Hewson