Skip to main content
Topic: 2015- Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond- Pre Game (Read 50221 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 AFL Season - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (April 2nd MCG)

Reply #105
Jones is 198cm right?

Hardly short? 1cm less than the Cas and a far better natural athlete from all accounts I've seen.....

I'm more thinking about the pressure and presence around the ball when it hits the turf than anything else. If Jones clunks a few, no one caresthat Cas is missing  but it will raise some eyebrows if we have trouble marking I50. Especially if there are ruckingissues.

Reply #106
Casboult has more presence, he's more likely to take that important contested mark on the wing whereas Jones plays mainly inside 50m. It certainly is a strange one I think Cas will play.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #107
I reckon casboult will be a late in.  His Vfl game was nothing to write home about,  but he brings genuine presence and forward pressure.  

The out, might be Smith, Curnow or even Bell.

I wouldn't be omitting bell, and I'm reluctant to.drop Curnow.

Speaks for where we are a tall that can mark and can't kick, a run with athlete who is a bit short on skills and a big bodied mid with ordinary skills aside from presence and missing a fair bit of nous, or a small forward who attacks the contest hard with average kicking and question marks over his conditioning.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #108
Jones takes marks leading up or flying over packs...Casboult takes marks in packs usually spreading them....both are average at ground level and Jones would be a slightly more reliable kick than Casboult....

I would have liked Casboult in as I think Wood will tire vs Maric....

Reply #109
Jones takes marks leading up or flying over packs...Casboult takes marks in packs usually spreading them....both are average at ground level and Jones would be a slightly more reliable kick than Casboult....

I would have liked Casboult in as I think Wood will tire vs Maric....

That is what worries me most. Maric is proven ruck. Wood is still earning his stripes. I definitely doubt Wood has stamina to play solo ruck. Just my opinion at this stage.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #110
I think it's a good balance of talls. Richmond are going in with 1 ruckman, 2 KPFs and 3 KPDs as well.

Possible matchups...

Rowe - Griffiths/backup ruck
Jamison - Riewoldt
Jaksch - Might take Rowe's man while he's in the ruck/forward on Grimes?
Henderson - Rance
Jones - Chaplin
Everitt - Could play back on Deledio?
Wood - Maric

Casboult would be too top heavy IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if MM isn't entirely happy with how his kicking is progressing either, which could cost him game time.

Reply #111
I reckon casboult will be a late in.  His Vfl game was nothing to write home about,  but he brings genuine presence and forward pressure.  

The out, might be Smith, Curnow or even Bell.

I wouldn't be omitting bell, and I'm reluctant to.drop Curnow.

Speaks for where we are a tall that can mark and can't kick, a run with athlete who is a bit short on skills and a big bodied mid with ordinary skills aside from presence and missing a fair bit of nous, or a small forward who attacks the contest hard with average kicking and question marks over his conditioning.

How about having a crack at the Tigers' list - and yet most scribes are calling them in the mix for top 8, some top 4.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #112
Delidio, Martin, Cotchin, Reiwoldt. Both teams drop off considerably as you go down the list, but are their top four better as a collective group than our top four? I think it's quite even but they have a key forward playing in a functional forwardline.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #113
If we win, I'll start to think MM is actually changing the mindset at Prinny Park.

What we need is Hendo to start playing good footy.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #114
The weather is predicted to be ordinary tonight.

I suspect a lot of late changes because marking the ball might not be an option.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #115
If we win, I'll start to think MM is actually changing the mindset at Prinny Park.

We've only lost a couple of times to Richmond in the past 8 or so years and in one of those we played awful, awful football and then just lost.. We should at least have that mental edge.

Reply #116

If he has another season like last year, I think he is best put down and sent to the dog food factory.

Surely last season was just a blip on the radar. Hoping for big things from him.

Reply #117
If he has another season like last year, I think he is best put down and sent to the dog food factory.

Surely last season was just a blip on the radar. Hoping for big things from him.

I think we would have to strongly consider moving him into defence more permanently and continue our search for another KF. Let's just hope he comes good.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #118
Hendo's best - he's an A grader.

HHendo's worst (and he's not Robinson Carusoe) - he shouldn't be on our list!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #119
Henderson had a poor season a few years back (2012) and struggled to get back into the side.
It as after a very injury interrupted pre-season.

The same thing happened to him last year in the pre-season and once again he struggled

He's a player that needs a solid preparation.
Hopefully he's had that this year and he's ready to go tonight.