Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge - Carlton v Hawthorn @ Aurora Stadium (Read 78933 times) previous topic - next topic

NAB Challenge - Carlton v Hawthorn @ Aurora Stadium

Two weeks to go until we unfurl Carlton 2016. Just lining up to get tickets and from the line there it will be a Carlton home game crowd wise. It was nine years ago when last Carlton graced Tassie's premier football stadium, Waite was playing CHB on Buddy and Dick Pratt was newly appointed as President, there was a serious amount of optimism going round about the Blues. I remember Carlton supporters walking up to Pratt and shaking his hand, thanking him for taking over.

So maybe it's a Launceston game that signals a reset for the club.  ;)

Anyway, sounds like the ground will be sold out and 80% will be blues fans, roll on Feb 18

Re: NAB Challenge - Carlton v Hawthorn @ Aurora Stadium

Reply #1
B:      Simmo Jamison Weitering
HB:    Docherty Rowe Tuohy
C:      Buckley Graham Curnow
HF:    Thomas Everitt Kerridge
F:      Walker  Phillips Wright

R:      Kreuzer Gibbs Cripps

Int:   Cuningham, C. Curnow, Boekhurst, McKay

Assumes Levi, Smurf, Plowman not ready.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2

Is the interchange limited to 4 players or is there an extended bench for the NAB challenge?
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #3

I'll be staggered if Kruezer plays, same with Walker, Jamison and Simmo. I reckon Byrne, Gorringe are near certainties, I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Korcheck, Gallucci, Glass - McCasker too.

Reply #4
fair enough Raydan, some straight swaps with several of the blokes you named eg Korchek/Gorringe for Special K, G-Mc for Jamo, Irishman for Simmo.....

i hope Walks plays - up forward!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #5
Is the interchange limited to 4 players or is there an extended bench for the NAB challenge?

I was thinking the same  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
I wonder if the Dawks will do BB any favours?  :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #7

I suspect not; doing favours doesn't win premierships.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
They'll generally give all players a game over the first 2 games then roll out their round one team week 3.

Simmo,  Murphy, Kreuzer, Walker, Thomas, Gibbs, etc. Will probably play week 3 and not much else.

Reply #9
I suspect not; doing favours doesn't win premierships.

...and I'm sure BB wouldn't want any favours.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11

The best favor would be for them to play at full strength squad so we knew exactly where we stand. Won't happen though.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #12
Hawks will rest all their good players and play rookies and kids.....they will have zero interest in the NAB cup and couldnt care less if we beat them and give BB his first win...

Reply #14
I want to see this young man in action - reckon he could be anything - and sooner than later. Only just 18 on Christmas Eve!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-19/5-days-to-the-draft-meet-the-highflying-athletic-tall-harry-mckay

Will he grow more?!

Look at the training footage and pics on the website, he is noticeably taller than Casboult and Kreuzer and doesn't look that much small than Korcheck. I love the way he launches at the ball and seems to move well in the limited footage I've seen of him training.