Skip to main content
Topic: Congratulations Kane Lambert (Read 8700 times) previous topic - next topic

Congratulations Kane Lambert

Kane has had a cracker of a day today at tge VFL's night of nights.

First he was selected on a wing for the VFL team of the season.

Second he won the Fothergill medal which is awarded to the best young player in the VFL.

Third in the Liston trophy he finished one point behind the three joint Liston medallists.

A good end to a good season for Kane and is draft bound by the looks of things.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Re: Congratulations Kane Lambert

Reply #1
Well done Kane!!

Now let's watch another club pluck him from under our nose. ::)

IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #2
Lambert has done well.....I would expect him to be rookied..

Hallahan from Hawthorn  and Schroder from Geelong will also be on clubs radar's after tonight....Schroder is a powerful goalkicking mid who is another from the factory that is Geelong.

Like I have said before I would be considering Chris Cain from Port Melbourne with a late draft pick....

Reply #3
Kane has had a cracker of a day today at tge VFL's night of nights.

First he was selected on a wing for the VFL team of the season.

Second he won the Fothergill medal which is awarded to the best young player in the VFL.

Third in the Liston trophy he finished one point behind the three joint Liston medallists.

A good end to a good season for Kane and is draft bound by the looks of things.
We've known for a while that he was good. Some other bunch of clowns will probably beat us to the punch and draft him before we get a chance.  >:D :-[ :(

Nichevo.
Congratulations, young man, you deserved every bit of your success!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4

Hallahan from Hawthorn  and Schroder from Geelong will also be on clubs radar's after tonight....Schroder is a powerful goalkicking mid who is another from the factory that is Geelong.

Like I have said before I would be considering Chris Cain from Port Melbourne with a late draft pick....
Cain is good value, I agree. I'd steal Hallahan in a heart beat, but...
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Well done, Kane. Will be rookied for sure... but by whom?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6

Agree elwood.

Congrats to Kane Lambert. Very good player IMHO!

Hallahan, Schroder and Lambert - three blokes Ive mentioned previously as to the types we should be into without doubt. Cain is another for sure worth looking at.

Id also be into a range of mids including the ones mentioned above. For example -  Horlin-Smith and Stringer (Cats), Dunn (Melb), Colyer (Ess), Adams (GWS), Schmidt (West Adel), Batsanis (Port Melb), Gordon (North Adel).

Re talls - Luke Delaney (North Melb), Thorp (Tas), Kersten (Cats), Paine (Pies), White (Syd), Jaksch, Bruce, Tomlinson (GWS) are starting points for us IMO. Id enquire into the Crows' Lewis Johnston too.

Ask the question of a range of guys that can add polish and skill to our list and also play key 'roles' within the team structures. We've gotta get busy with our trading and look far and wide. Make some much needed changes!

Reply #7

Agree elwood.

Congrats to Kane Lambert. Very good player IMHO!

Hallahan, Schroder and Lambert - three blokes Ive mentioned previously as to the types we should be into without doubt. Cain is another for sure worth looking at.

Id also be into a range of mids including the ones mentioned above. For example -  Horlin-Smith and Stringer (Cats), Dunn (Melb), Colyer (Ess), Adams (GWS), Schmidt (West Adel), Batsanis (Port Melb), Gordon (North Adel).

Re talls - Luke Delaney (North Melb), Thorp (Tas), Kersten (Cats), Paine (Pies), White (Syd), Jaksch, Bruce, Tomlinson (GWS) are starting points for us IMO. Id enquire into the Crows' Lewis Johnston too.

Ask the question of a range of guys that can add polish and skill to our list and also play key 'roles' within the team structures. We've gotta get busy with our trading and look far and wide. Make some much needed changes!

Pratty...Yep Nathan Gordon has been real good for the Roosters and is a well built mid who should get plenty of love from recruiters...as I have sadi beofre I think David Mackay from the Crows will be on the market and be used any deals going down with the Crows.

Like your man Ricky Hendserson as well.....solid player who moves well........, I'll throw Alex Fasalo in amongst those mids as awell, really like his kicking and is my Scotland replacement as I have suggested before.

Reply #8
@EB1

Yes, Fasolo would be a very good get for us, he is an excellent long kick and he moves well. What would be the chances of prising him out of the Pies do you think??
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #9
@EB1

Yes, Fasolo would be a very good get for us, he is an excellent long kick and he moves well. What would be the chances of prising him out of the Pies do you think??

Cookie....unless they want something we have probably not great.....with Jolly on the way out they may have some interest in another ruckman ie Hampson.
I would do Fasalo and Jackson Paine for Hampson...

Reply #10
I like Kane Lambert.  I have been impressed by the way he has gone about it in every match I have seen him play, where he is consistently an outstanding performer, however I have questions over how good he could be at AFL level.  Is he one of those players that is too good for the VFL, but may not have enough upside to be anything but a average AFL footballer.

I have questions over his size.  He is currently at 178cm and 78 kilos according to the stats on the Northern Blues website.

David Ellard seems to be a very similar proposition at 177cm and 78 kilos.

I suppose his draft camp numbers will give us a bit more of a guidline as to how good he could be, but I dont think there is much upside in him.  I like Ellard and the way he goes about it and I would say that he plays as well as Kane at VFL level, but I cannot see him forming part of a premiership team.  Kane might very well be the same prospect.  That doesnt mean he couldnt have a good career ahead of him playing for the right team that is going through a bit of a rebuild, and needs a solid if unspectactular performer, but it doesnt mean we should neccesarily be jumping over everyone else to ensure that we pick him up.

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
I like Kane Lambert.  I have been impressed by the way he has gone about it in every match I have seen him play, where he is consistently an outstanding performer, however I have questions over how good he could be at AFL level.  Is he one of those players that is too good for the VFL, but may not have enough upside to be anything but a average AFL footballer.

I have questions over his size.  He is currently at 178cm and 78 kilos according to the stats on the Northern Blues website.

I suppose his draft camp numbers will give us a bit more of a guidline as to how good he could be, but I dont think there is much upside in him.  I like Ellard and the way he goes about it and I would say that he plays as well as Kane at VFL level, but I cannot see him forming part of a premiership team.  Kane might very well be the same prospect.  That doesnt mean he couldnt have a good career ahead of him playing for the right team that is going through a bit of a rebuild, and needs a solid if unspectactular performer, but it doesnt mean we should neccesarily be jumping over everyone else to ensure that we pick him up.

Thry ..These are  fair comments and I have been consistent with my calls for bigger stronger players especially mids...I'd like a Michael Barlow size state league player but there are none of that ilk at the minute.
However Sam Dwyer isnt big and has done well at Collingwood....Paul Puopolo from Hawthorn is also a mature SANFL player who is small....but they are hard men both of them and perhaps Lambert is made of the same stuff...Dane Swan is ex VFA/VFL and isnt big but is durable.
The Ellard vs Lambert comparison is also a fair argument to say No....for me though there is something about Lambert in terms of leadership ability and being a tough old fashioned footballer that appeals to me.
He keeps on keeping on when the odds are against him, and always seems to be in the best players when the team is under the pump.

He wont ever be anything more than good Indian...but you need a few of those......I agree with you I think his size will count against him and I think his best chance with us is to be rookied but I wouldnt see the club
going out of their way to pick him up and he would be more of your later pick.

Reply #12

From what I've seen he'd be an upgrade on Ellard and I like Ellard.

Just depends who else we have on the radar, but I wouldn't be unhappy if we managed to get him.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #13
There was an article about Kane (and someone else from NB which i forget) about this time last year about how they are being looked at by a few clubs for the draft. Neither got drafted.

Quality players, both of them, but looked like they didn't fill a big need for any teams in the end.

Thats how i feel about Kane now....what could he do for us? Some people liken him to Ellard which is funny as i've always questioned his place on our list and in our side. He is not better than our small forwards. Not effective enough as a mid.

I hope Kane gets picked up. I'd prefer it to be by someone else.

Reply #14
Adam Marcon is the other one im pretty sure.

Paul Hewson