Skip to main content
Topic: SSM Plebiscite (Read 110241 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: SSM Plebiscite

Reply #480
Haha thanks Paul, guess i’m going to have to start saving now....I have no more excuses  :)

Good for you if you tie the knot NM :)

The wedding industry will be rubbing their collective hands together in anticipation of a windfall ... but not just your nuptials  ;)

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #481
Good for you if you tie the knot NM :)

The wedding industry will be rubbing their collective hands together in anticipation of a windfall ... but not just your nuptials  ;)

Haha yeah I've got a mate who's a marriage celebrant, her booking have just tripled.  I'm most excited for friends who have been with their partners for 20 odd years, they can finally get their moment just like everyone else.

Reply #482
Not wanting to be a killjoy, but do services create wealth or just move it around?

If all these weddings go on the never never like most weddings, surely it only adds to Australia's credit debt!

One stress removed, another one added! ;D

The Force Awakens!

Reply #483
Haha yeah I've got a mate who's a marriage celebrant, her booking have just tripled.  I'm most excited for friends who have been with their partners for 20 odd years, they can finally get their moment just like everyone else.

I so relate to this... how great is it to see older folks, like the old blokes in the media the other day, who, at the ages of around late 80s early 90s can finally marry. Brought a tear or three to my eyes seeing them together preparing for the big day (though I did, for a moment, also feel p1ssed off that these guys had to wait so long).

Once more and more images of couples ...old, young, male, female and so on, are publicly marrying, it will eventually become the norm which in turn can only raise the collective consciousness.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #484
On the other side of the coin, I heard about one couple, who must have married overseas, who are overjoyed that they can now legally divorce  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #485
On the other side of the coin, I heard about one couple, who must have married overseas, who are overjoyed that they can now legally divorce  :)

LOL

I heard someone categorically state that they were voting yes so they could be as miserable as the rest of us and thought that it was pretty funny.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #486
Yep, until I was married I didn't know how to put the milk in the fridge properly!  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #488
Yep, until I was married I didn't know how to put the milk in the fridge properly!  ::)

Its amazing how many different ways there is to do some things wrong, including the way you have been told depending on how your significant other is feeling!!!
 ;D

I wouldnt give it up though. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #489

There is a possible flaw in the correct use of the term "properly", because it's clear not all fridges are the same!

Let me know how that goes if you decide to argue your case!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #490
There is a possible flaw in the correct use of the term "properly", because it's clear not all fridges are the same!

Let me know how that goes if you decide to argue your case!

I long ago abandoned arguing my case.

Reply #492
Reminds me of that scene from the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

"Chicken Sh1t" or "Pussy"?

Haven't seen it.

Reply #494
I have no idea if this belongs here, but sometimes resistance is futile :

I guess it does highlight the hypocrisy of the religious right Paul.  Old Beetroot Head nearly busted a boiler with his clumsy pronouncements about the sanctity of marriage and, at the same time, he was having it away with a young staffer.

I feel sorry for his wife and daughters if they did learn about his infidelity and impending fatherhood through the media.  But what a weak bastard not to tell them himself.

As for the cries about respecting privacy, I'm afraid that your right to privacy evaporates once you stand for public office. 

I wonder if Johnny Depp is keeping up with this  :)