Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation) (Read 59927 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation)

In a match that had plenty of thrills and spills, we have finally put a win on the board.

It wasn't without it's tense moments either, if the Dogs had of kicked straight in the last it may have been a different story.

Judd's injury will be the big talking point.

Some very good, some very ordinary but it's nice to smile for a while isn't it ??   ;) 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation)

Reply #1
Where did the leadership come from if Murph is, according to just about everybody, not a captain..
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #2
That was last week

Reply #3
They delivered what they promised. #United

Very proud of all the boys as they played their guts out until the end. Sure there was some ordinary footy but they played with heart. But this is just the starting point, not an achievement.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #4
2:1 on MM complains about the style of game!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
it was a collective effort with guys prepared to take the game on
A stark contrast to the month past.
Running through the middle, linking hard and quick puts opposition defense under pressure
We're not skilled enough to  play tempo footy, I m glad we played to our strengths

Reply #6

LP predicted it.  :o

Looks like Curnow could have a broken leg too  :(

Apart from the injuries it's damn good to get a win on the board  ;D
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
I'm just glad we won. Please tell me everything!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
Well, let's so what this win does for the group. We may gather some momentum from a bit of confidence. Good to see Hendo kick a bag, and Murph put in s solid performance.

Still lots of work to do though...

Reply #9

How did that happen?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10

How did that happen?

Curnow was wrapped around the point post.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #11
wondering how did Levi go??

Small defence and it sound like Waite and Hendo played fwd so i would expected a lot from Levi sounded like a perfect game for him.

Reply #12
The injury toll from this match could be very high, we know Judd is gone for a while but there will be a huge question mark over Curnow now plus there may be a couple of others we don't know about.

With this gutsy win, hopefully the media can switch their focus on someone else and give us a reprieve.

Still cannot give any kudos to White & Rowe but Waite certainly had a fair dip as did Murphy and Warnock got his hand to it with regular monotony. Curnow gave Libba Jnr a bath until he got injured and Henderson was sensational up forward.

Having three big marking forwards (Henderson, Waite & Casboult) to kick to makes such a difference. Whilst it is unsure whether Casboult will make it (I don't) and Waite hasn't long left in the game, surely this performance highlights the need to recruit some quality key position depth.

Scotland's brainfade in the last quarter could of sealed it for us earlier but his longevity in the game will also be another talking point.

All in all, this was a win out of adversity and clearly showed that Mick's Boundary Line plan doesn't work for us as we used the centre corridor with run and flair to set up the win early.

Lastly, whilst I am thrilled with this win, I'm not shying away from any of the comments I've made over the past month regarding the quality of our playing list and the need for a rebuild. All this has done is convinced me that we do in fact have the nucleus to build from over the next two-years.  
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #13
best game ive seen murphy play for a while and I've been his biggest critic
he stepped up when it counted, kudo to him

Reply #14
How did Curnow get wrapped around a post? Guts or opposition action?
Live Long and Prosper!