Skip to main content
Topic: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister (Read 49812 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

After a year of honorable losses, we now have an honorable draw. Progress !!

Very good fightback by the boys. Both teams had their chances to win.In the context of the game, a fair result. On to next year.

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #1
Should've punched it through..

Watching Watson the last 2 weeks he has really looked like a forward.

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #2
Simon White... To keep or not to keep? He's never going to be a star.......

Reply #3

Personally think he's shown enough improvement (just by a whisker) to be given the benefit of the doubt. Mick seems to like these average players that he can take on as projects.

Reply #4
Not a star but works hard and has size and courage. More than I can say for many others on the list.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5

Blue collar worker who has been set a task each week and has been ok. 'It's a yes from me!'

Reply #6

He's not a star but earned his stripes this year. Actually like to get Frawley as a free agent, put him at full back and let Jammo be the 3rd tall now he's getting older.

Reply #7
Happy with that after being 30 down halfway throughthe 3rd term
Plenty of outs too, so huge upside going into Pre season
We need a big trade/draft period

Reply #8
To draw with the drug cheats without Walker, Murphy, Buckley, Kreuzer, Robbo, Henderson, Everitt, Thomas is a good effort. Got more depth than we think going by the last quite a few weeks (pretending last week didn't happen). We pumped them for 3 qtrs but WTF was that 2nd qtr?!!!!!

Reply #9
How much is Gibbs getting paid? >:(
How could he run too close to the man on the mark with his years of experience?
Shocking from our soon to be B&F.

I didn't mind that the ball wasn't rushed through by us. The players would have known the was fk all time left but 15 seconds is more than enough to go coast to coast. Gibbs should have nailed it....end of story.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #10
FFS what a wasted year in terms of development, Watson could have been playing for at least the last 10 or so rounds.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #11

I didn't mind that the ball wasn't rushed through by us. The players would have known the was fk all time left but 15 seconds is more than enough to go coast to coast. Gibbs should have nailed it....end of story.

You have got to be kidding?

He was 55 out late in the game and you say you didnt mind out forwards punching it thru for a behind to lead the game with 15 seconds on the clock. Surely that's a joke.

We are the dumbest team in the comp.

This game was yet another example of game on the line dumb decisions that our team seems to make more then any other team

No confidence at all wih out boys when game is on the line late in the game.

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #12
This game summed our season up. How many times have I said that we're never safe when 5 goals up but never out of it when 5 goals down. We had both in the same game and ended up a draw..lol.

Reply #13

You have got to be kidding?

He was 55 out late in the game and you say you didnt mind out forwards punching it thru for a behind to lead the game with 15 seconds on the clock. Surely that's a joke.

We are the dumbest team in the comp.

This game was yet another example of game on the line dumb decisions that our team seems to make more then any other team

No confidence at all wih out boys when game is on the line late in the game.

Brother, if he was 55m out, then the man ran over the mark. He marked it at 45m out didnt he??? Whats he doing kicking it from 55??? :-\
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #14
This game summed our season up. How many times have I said that we're never safe when 5 goals up but never out of it when 5 goals down. We had both in the same3 game and ended up a draw..lol.

That was a real positive for me.
We got a good lead and lost it to the point where the commentators, and a lot of supporters were thinking "how far Essendon"...... and then we were able to fight back....and really should have pinched it.

To come back after being over-run was a plus.