Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 566808 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1095
Can't play spin

Reply #1096
Next flat track he'll smash a quick hundred.....

Reply #1098
Yesterday was finally the sum of all our fears for playing India in India.

1 - Wade's keeping making a difference. Chances against spinners in these conditions are almost always going to be difficult and he grassed a couple

2 - No plan B from Smith. As a great as he has batted his big issue remains how unimaginative and inventive he is when things aren't happening. I don't understand why the selectors are so focused on all rounders when Smith won't bowl them. Happened to Marsh, then Cartwright and yesterday with Maxwell.

Bowling two 2 over spells from your spinner, when they bowled 120 overs combined is just ridiculous and shows how little faith he has in him. He also refused to bowl himself or Warner to try and disrupt the momentum of the batsmen. Epic fail IMO and we bowled Cummins into the ground on his return.

3 - Warner failed again. He ever looked surviving any sort of time because his defence isn't up to it on these types of tracks. Kwaj must still be shaking his head about the selection policy.

Based on their history of collapses it's hard to see these guys lasting 50 more overs today.

Reply #1099
I deal a bit with India and Sri Lanka, I was told this morning by a client that even after it has been exposed as a beat up Kohli is still in the local regional media making mileage off the back of the Smith mocking allegations.

If it's true he must be a two faced a5sehole of a bloke, but a good cricketer! :D

I suppose I don't know if the alleged interviews happened before or after the fraud was exposed, so I shouldn't judge him too harshly.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1100
Our lack of depth and lack of fight in our batting is likely to come to the fore. 4 for 83 bodes poorly.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1101
Our lack of depth and lack of fight in our batting is likely to come to the fore. 4 for 83 bodes poorly.

I think our batting line up, for this test, is the best batting top 6 we have assembled for Indian conditions for some time.
Warner clearly is not capable but the other 5 all have a technique and plan to cope in the conditions.
That said, it will be tough to hold on

Reply #1102
37 overs to go and Marsh and Handscomb seem to have settled in.

I reckon we need at least another 100 runs to be safe.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1103
Handscomb has chosen the perfect occasion to make his first 50 of the tour.

It may be one of the most important innings of his short career. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1104
'Thank God for S Marsh!' I can hear us all collectively saying!!

Reply #1106
'Thank God for S Marsh!' I can hear us all collectively saying!!

it might be the making of him?

Despite his seeming fragility on occasion, the bloke can really play.

Today he showed ticker too.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1107
I am a Marsh detractor but he will play the fourth test.  Good effort today.

A heck of a lot of ticker shown today, they should take great confidence from batting a full day on a day pitch 5 versus Ashwin and Jajeda.  Many Australian teams have folded in similar situations, but this one didn't.  Continues the theme of good application.

Smith's captaincy yesterday might be questionable but Kohli should cop some serious flack as well... the conservative batting once India drew level was pathetic given the bowlers were cooked and gives the impression that India were crap scared to chase 150 on the last day... Australia should have been batting soon after Lunch on day 4, not with 8 overs left in the day. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1108
Kohli offered us the draw just before we were to declare.

I think it's easy to understate how good our performance was in this test. It's the first time a visiting team has managed a draw in India after trailing on the first innings since 2010.

However, I still don't understand why Smith refused to bowl Maxwell  :-\

Reply #1109
I am a Marsh detractor but he will play the fourth test.  Good effort today.

A heck of a lot of ticker shown today, they should take great confidence from batting a full day on a day pitch 5 versus Ashwin and Jajeda.  Many Australian teams have folded in similar situations, but this one didn't.  Continues the theme of good application.

Smith's captaincy yesterday might be questionable but Kohli should cop some serious flack as well... the conservative batting once India drew level was pathetic given the bowlers were cooked and gives the impression that India were crap scared to chase 150 on the last day... Australia should have been batting soon after Lunch on day 4, not with 8 overs left in the day.

yeah, Kohli screwed up big time bating so long....
Finals, then 4 in a row!