Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 4: Northern Blues vs. Frankston on Sunday (Read 25970 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Rd 4: Northern Blues vs. Frankston on Sunday

This weeks the Baby Blues play Frankston at Frankston on Sunday at 2:00 PM. I used to love going to this fixture, but as it will be up against the Brisbane game at Etihad....
I do not expect the team to be significantly stronger than last week, although Kreuzer is expected to play. I am expected Menzel to get a full game this week, depending on how his injuries pulled up. He basically finished up at 3/4 time last week and was stiff and sore. having got through training during the week I think he will play. I'd be horrified if he played seniors after 8 possessions last round.
Next week there should be a number of guys available: Byrne, Sheehan and Yarran to mention just a few. Maybe even Daisy.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL Rd 4: Northern Blues vs. Frankston on Sunday

Reply #1
Frankston vs. Northern Blues
Sunday, May 10
Frankston Oval at 2pm

Frankston

B:   Gray   Cooper   Wilsen
HB:   Tynan   Giobbi   Foote
C:   Pickess   Wood   Cavarra
HF:   Pollard   B. Irving   Mullane
F:   Wilson*   Douglas   Gardiner
R:   Post   Hockey   Pongracic
Int:   Valles   Clark   Sutton    Newman   Buchan   Pridgeon    R. Kitchin   Soroczynski   McPherson

Northern Blues

B:   McGuinness   Fields   Dick
HB:   Viojo   Watson   Buckley
C:   Tutt   Walsh   Whiley
HF:   Menzel   Johnson   Bransgrove
F:   Ellard   Foster   Kreuzer
R:   Warnock   Curnow   Graham
Int:   Bolger   Russell   Dirago    Johnston   Smith   Wilson    Holman   Gowers   Wilkinson    Ballard*   Cattapan   Perry
    Strachan      

We won't line up anything like this.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Northern Blues

B:   McGuinness   Fields   Dick
HB:   Viojo   Watson   .........
C:   Tutt   Walsh   .........
HF:   Menzel   Johnson   Bransgrove
F:   Ellard   Foster   Kreuzer
R:   Warnock   .........   ...........
Int:   Bolger   Russell   Dirago    Johnston   Smith   Wilson    Holman   Gowers   Wilkinson    Ballard*   Cattapan   Perry
    Strachan      

As expected, the lineup will be just a tad different to what was listed on Thursday. 2 ruckmen in the team will be very unusual. I hope that works down in the mud at Frankston.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
As expected, the lineup will be just a tad different to what was listed on Thursday. 2 ruckmen in the team will be very unusual. I hope that works down in the mud at Frankston.

The Frankston ground was in immaculate condition when I watched a team play there a couple of weeks ago, no mud to be found!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
The Frankston ground was in immaculate condition when I watched a team play there a couple of weeks ago, no mud to be found!
I hope so. However, it tends to get heavy very quickly in the rain.

Another late change: Smith is out. Promoted to the seniors, no less, for Simmo (who pulled out with an injury).
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Sam Cattapan's father just put a clip up on FB and showed that it is bucketing down at Frankston.

I asked him for a score, he wrote :

"Blues up by 3 goals 3/4 time. Into wind last quarter"
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #6
Sam Cattapan's father just put a clip up on FB and showed that it is bucketing down at Frankston.

I asked him for a score, he wrote :

"Blues up by 3 goals 3/4 time. Into wind last quarter"

You mean the development team?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Northern Blues FC @NBluesFC  ·  9m 9 minutes ago

QUARTER TIME: @VFL_Dolphins 0.0.0, Blues 5.5.35. #PJVFL

Northern Blues FC retweeted
Cristian Filippo @C_Filippo23  ·  8m 8 minutes ago

Holman on absolute fire early with 1.2 from his 10 touches. Menzel lively
with 4 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal for @NBluesFC.

Follow it here
https://twitter.com/NBluesFC

Reply #8
Must be blowing a gale there, probably 6 or 8 goal breeze based on my location!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
Kreuzer did pretty well first up. Needs another couple of weeks though. Watson had a good one again with 3 goals. Think he spent alot of time in defence too when we were kicking into the gale.

Reply #10
Kreuzer did pretty well first up. Needs another couple of weeks though. Watson had a good one again with 3 goals. Think he spent alot of time in defence too when we were kicking into the gale.

They'll be tempted to rush Kreuzer back but, if the club is fair dinkum, he will be given a couple of weeks with the NBs.

Watson should really get a game this week; Jones has had his six weeks and has given very little.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
They'll be tempted to rush Kreuzer back but, if the club is fair dinkum, he will be given a couple of weeks with the NBs.

Watson should really get a game this week; Jones has had his six weeks and has given very little.

So would I. Watson's doing well in the NBs.

Jones I think has some ability but he is simply not big enough to be a key forward. Just have in idea where he should play. Chuck him in the NB's and try him in different spots. He's the type of bloke who'd be a crap player with us but somehow the Swans would find a role for him and make him a good player.

Reply #12

Afwww come on Jones can kick.... Sort of ! :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #13
So would I. Watson's doing well in the NBs.

Jones I think has some ability but he is simply not big enough to be a key forward. Just have in idea where he should play. Chuck him in the NB's and try him in different spots. He's the type of bloke who'd be a crap player with us but somehow the Swans would find a role for him and make him a good player.

Jones is 1.98cm and 98kg (Casboult is 1.98cm and 99kg) so he is certainly big enough.  He just doesn't play to his size and that was the knock on him at the Bulldogs. 

I'm not giving up on him yet but I don't think he can play anywhere other than as a key forward.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
Jones doesn't play to his size or use his mobility once the aerial contest is over... thus he isn't a KP player and he doesn't work hard enough to be a flanker.

Fair dinkum, DJC, blind freddie's guide dog has more chance of contributing across half forward than Jones.  Runs to the wrong places, doesn't hold marks, doesn't recover fast enough, doesn't put any pressure on the defence coming out, and is an inaccurate shot of goal.  His 6 games have all stunk, he's had more than enough chances.  At least Flash the Labrador might hunt the pill when it hits the deck...

I'm no fan of Watson, but if he was encouraged to lead up at the ball carriers he seems capable enough to do that.  He is also a fair chance from up to 55 - which is likely to be where he would be shooting from.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?