Skip to main content
Topic: RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble) (Read 57325 times) previous topic - next topic

RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble)

INS : Jamison, Carrazzo, Warnock, Ellard, Kreuzer, Tutt, Simpson, Barker 
OUTS : Buckley, Boekhorst, Whiley, Smith, Graham, Wood, Jaksch, Malthouse

Line-Up

B : Tuohy, Jamison, Docherty
HB : Simpson, Rowe, Everitt
C : Carrazzo, Gibbs, Curnow
HF : Armfield, Kreuzer, Thomas,
F : Tutt, Jones, Casboult 
R : Warnock, Judd, Murphy

I/C : Ellard, Bell, Cripps, Walker

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble)

Reply #1
toss those vegetables how you please.
cameron to kick another bag - 10 goals down by half time

Reply #2
I would have been thinking we might see Kreuzer, Menzel, Simpson and Jamo in if fit to go.
OUTS: Smith, Buckley, Wood, Rowe.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
We have nothing to be gained by playing the new chums, drop them all permanently to the seconds for the rest of the season so they can form strong bonds and win the VFL premiership. They can work hard on their fitness levels & body-shape in the gym too.

Meanwhile, the older more seasoned players can slug it out in the AFL and we'll still get the same results anyway but not poison the newbies with poor attitudes & efforts.   

Reply #4
We have nothing to be gained by playing the new chums, drop them all permanently to the seconds for the rest of the season so they can form strong bonds and win the VFL premiership. They can work hard on their fitness levels & body-shape in the gym too.

Meanwhile, the older more seasoned players can slug it out in the AFL and we'll still get the same results anyway but not poison the newbies with poor attitudes & efforts.  

You do know this is the exact opposite of everything you've said since i joined this forum?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #5

Line-Up

No room for Yarran?

Reply #6

Line-Up

Laidley for Malthouse.

Reply #7
Laidley for Malthouse.

I just realised that I named the wrong assistant coach, Laidley to do it instead of Barker.

Reply #8

If Ellard and Warnock come in we are going nowhere, they have been weighed, measured and found wanting!

The feel good selections should have died today!

We've been the good citizens of the AFL for too long now, EFC have showed us the way, cheats, spuds and duds but 70K members!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
Cameron to kick 8, mumford to maul us in the ruck, shiel and co to own the midfield.

Reply #10
Cameron to kick 8, mumford to maul us in the ruck, shiel and co to own the midfield.

Not it will be some 4th gamer who kills us.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #11

Line-Up

I don't think you will get all of your wishes, Sheik, but some definitely.
Jamo will come in if he is fit.
Carrazzo will come in if he is fit. We will need his ability in the middle of the ground.
Simpson will come in if he is fit. We need his run from defence.
Yarran will be back. He has done his time.

Whiley will go back. He hasn't had a good 2 weeks.
Buckley and Boekhorst will go back. They had real opportunities today and could not deliver.
I think Smith will go back, but this was his best game by some margin. He may survive, but I really think he needs more time in the VFL.

I can't see us changing our rucks significantly. Warnock is a maybe, but Kreuzer needs time. Wood is doing his best, even though we know it isn't what we really want.
I can't see Ellard being promoted as he didn't appear to do a lot down at Frankston. Holman has a better chance. Tutt did OK at Frankston, so he can't be ruled out yet.

I think Watson must be some sort of chance. He did as well as he could in the conditions while Jones disappointed again.

However, I have demonstrated often enough that I do not have the Match Committee's Ear. Otherwise our team this week would have been very different.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
As far as the ruck combo goes, first choice would be Kreuzer/Casboult and second choice would be Wood/Casboult. Forget Warnock now - he is what he is and he is not what we need.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13
I don't think you will get all of your wishes, Sheik, but some definitely.
Jamo will come in if he is fit.
Carrazzo will come in if he is fit. We will need his ability in the middle of the ground.
Simpson will come in if he is fit. We need his run from defence.
Yarran will be back. He has done his time.

Whiley will go back. He hasn't had a good 2 weeks.
Buckley and Boekhorst will go back. They had real opportunities today and could not deliver.
I think Smith will go back, but this was his best game by some margin. He may survive, but I really think he needs more time in the VFL.

I can't see us changing our rucks significantly. Warnock is a maybe, but Kreuzer needs time. Wood is doing his best, even though we know it isn't what we really want.
I can't see Ellard being promoted as he didn't appear to do a lot down at Frankston. Holman has a better chance. Tutt did OK at Frankston, so he can't be ruled out yet.

I think Watson must be some sort of chance. He did as well as he could in the conditions while Jones disappointed again.

However, I have demonstrated often enough that I do not have the Match Committee's Ear. Otherwise our team this week would have been very different.

Yes, Watson for Jones. Watson hasn't done alot wrong since going forward and deserves a shot. He might be happier in the VFL right now though...lol!

I'd persist with at least some of the young blokes. The older blokes should be the one's taking the heat. We're phuked so we might as well give the younger blokes more time. Although they might be praying to go back to the VFL too where they can get a winning feeling...lol.

Wood's not in great touch but Kreuzer needs more time in the VFL. Casboult's been doing a great job on the ball, why he was ever dropped I don't know. Did a great job as a CHF too today. He's alot better there than as a deep forward. Suited to having the freedom to run around.

Carrazzo, Simmo, Yarran and Jammo will likely come in. Jammo may even come in for Rowe giving Jaksch more experience in the key position. As i said, may as well, nothing to lose anymore.

Reply #14

Sounds silly
Might work ;)

The 'future' need to grow as a group....play them together.... firsts or seconds
Make Cripps the captain of "Carlton A" :D