Skip to main content
Topic: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide After Game Thread (Read 42554 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide After Game Thread

Better effort this week, worth watching and cheering for

Re: After Game Thread v Crowsfor.

Reply #1
Yep - agree.

The loss is obviously a downside, as is Judd's knee injury. Can't believe he might finish his career with an ACL. Dreadful way to end.

Reply #2
Everyone bangs on about providing 'a fan experience'. It ain't brainsurgery folks!!  Today's effort was a fan experience.  Watching your team, led by a caption prepared to inspire is a fan experience. Seeing a draft pick emerge who is likely to take the baton from a champion is a fan experience.  Watch a guy who has been ravaged by injury come back and make a difference is a fan experience!

The best fan experience occurs between the first and last siren!!

Reply #3
First 4 quarter effort this year... mistakes, yes, but the first time this year I have cheered and barracked for the entire game.

Bravo boys. Get a few good blokes back after the break.

Kreuz influence on the game should not be underestimated.

Sadly, looks like Juddy's career is over but I bet he helps out as an assistant for the rest of the year.

As I have said before, I believe our list is not as bad as many believe. Needs improvement and development but we have a good base to start from.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
Just a little more composure in the forward 50 might've got a different result. Still re-learning the hard running, attacking game was always going to take a few weeks to get together again. Wins will come as we get those aspects right.

Reply #5
Look forward to getting Jammo back to help Rowe after the bye. Rowe struggles as the no.1 defender but goes ok as the no.2.

Reply #6
First 4 quarter effort this year... mistakes, yes, but the first time this year I have cheered and barracked for the entire game.

Bravo boys. Get a few good blokes back after the break.

Kreuz influence on the game should not be underestimated.

Sadly, looks like Juddy's career is over but I bet he helps out as an assistant for the rest of the year

As I have said before, I believe our list is not as bad as many believe. Needs improvement and development but we have a good base to start from.

The high and the low point of the game.

I also struggle to recall the last time we played 4 quarters like that even in games we've won.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #7
Just a fabulous four quarter effort.

Full of mistakes, but that's what you expect from them I suppose.

Hopefully, they will learn from this that they can match it with anyone if they take the game on.

The effort was even more commendable when you consider that we carry at least 2-3 passengers every week.

Well done boys ;D ;D ;D

Reply #8
Better effort but the scoreline flattered us. We lost by 9 points and they had 9 more scoring shots.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #9
Is the fitness guru good enough to stay on?  Boys were on the ground cramping up all over the place

Reply #10
Better effort but the scoreline flattered us. We lost by 9 points and they had 9 more scoring shots.

There were also plenty of times we should have goaled but stuffed it up without getting a scoring shot, so I think we were a lot closer than you're suggesting.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #11
The scoreboard doesn't lie.

Buckley gave Betts a bath.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #12
Very sad to see Juddy finish up like this, he's been a great champion and we should make sure he stays at the club in some capacity in the future.
Good effort by the boys today but we just lacked the polish to finish it off, a magnificent Captain's game from Marc Murphy.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #13
Is the fitness guru good enough to stay on?  Boys were on the ground cramping up all over the place

I'm sure they'll be looking at him. Another legacy of Malthouse. >:(
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #14

Scoreline didn't flatter us. That was a genuine game that could've gone either way.

We had alot of out of the fulls and stuff up near goal. That goal square smother in the 2nd qtr that was rushed up the other end for a goal being an example. a 12 pt turnaround there alone.