Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round 13: Northern Blues vs. Richmond on TV (Read 22116 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Round 13: Northern Blues vs. Richmond on TV

Good news for a change: we are on TV this Saturday from 1200 to 1500 on Channel 7.
About time!
The game is set for Cramer St and the forecast is about as ordinary as it could get.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL Round 13: Northern Blues vs. Richmond on TV

Reply #1
Northern Blues vs. Richmond   

Saturday, July 11

Preston City Oval at 12.12pm

Northern Blues

B: Byrne Jaksch McGuinness
HB: Johnston Rowe Wilkinson
C: Viojo Dick Russell
HF: Bransgrove Jones Boekhorst
F:  Watson Foster Johnson
R: Aurrichio Whiley Walsh
Int: Wilson Kilpatrick Ballard Cattapan Soncin Smith Strachan Armitage Mattingly*

Richmond

B: Kruse Gale Barlow
HB: Aarts Wall Wynne
C: Arnot Thomas Menadue
HF: McQualter Lennon McDonough
F: McBean McKenzie Astbury
R: Soldo Cachia Knights
Int: Mcfarlane Dunkley Mellington* Scott Gleeson L. Conca Rippon Clay Mugavin

Very good to see Byrne finally named. Given the way they have not played him when he was expected to play, he is probably fit enough to really play.
We have at least 3 guys who are not yet good wet weather players: Jones, Watson and Smith. Of those, Smith may some day be reasonable in the wet, but I wouldn't argue for it at this point.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Well, after last night's debacle there is plenty of chance for promotion for anyone willing to step up.
We do have a much better side on the park this week, but looking at us last night and we seem to have forgotten how to win in harsh conditions.
Anyone going today, my hat is off to you.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Good to see Byrne in the side, is this his first game back?
He and Rowe look like the only senior footballers in that line up to me although earlier this year I thought Clem Smith might have come on.
I'll watch the game, and watch Jaksch closely, if he keeps showing little trading pick 7 for him will go down as one of our more memorable blunders of recent times.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #4
Broadcast on Ch.7 VFL game day by the way!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Good first quarter by Jaksch but his foot skills aren't great.
NB's playing well, hard at it and combining well as a team, Rowe's been good.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #6
Why is Rowe in the seconds?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #7
Why is Rowe in the seconds?

He would have been handy last night.  I can only think that the coach wanted more run out of the backline.  Leaving Rowe out really stretched our defence, particularly with Jamison off early.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Jones is a liability even at this level.... Many people wanted Rys Mackenzie instead and he will be more than handy.

Reply #9
I hope we never get back on the telly again for a long time. We are as pox a side as I have ever seen. Sheesh I don't know how blokes like RR do it.

Reply #10
Disaster. We've lost it. Ahead all day until the last quarter. Really thrown it away.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
We show all the same problems as the seniors! Haven't seen them for a while but sheesh, awful. :(

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
Some of the kids showed a bit for the future but we have little depth at the NBs.  DVR showed a little more than previously and Jaksch ok, pretty disappointing from bulk of listed players.  We need some good senior types atthe NBs to show the kids the way.

Reply #13
2015 Peter Jackson VFL
Northern Blues   2.2  3.6  4.6  5.9 (39)
Richmond Tigers   2.0  2.3  4.4  9.9 (63)

Unlike my expectations, we actually played better in the rain. When it dried out a bit, Richmond came back at us.  :( >:(

It SOOOO irritates me, but with what we had out there, we did as well as we could.
Kristian Jaksch showed why we were interested in him, shutting out his man and getting heaps of rebounds.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
B: Byrne Jaksch McGuinness
HB: Johnston Rowe Wilkinson
C: Viojo Dick Russell
HF: Bransgrove Jones Boekhorst
F:  Watson Foster Johnson
R: Aurrichio Whiley Walsh
Int: Wilson Kilpatrick Ballard Cattapan Soncin Smith Strachan Armitage Mattingly*

I look at this lineup and I see a lot of guys who shouldn't be there. It amazes me that we didn't do due diligence and recruited them in the first place!

Jones was never going to be suited by the conditions, but honestly, he has no BRAIN! His disposal by hand is diabolical and he decision making is truly aweful! he worked so hard to get the ball today and turned it over every time!
Boekhorst: why did he bother going out on the field? He was useless and couldn't even win the push and shove!
Live Long and Prosper!