Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting: Round 15: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 5158 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Voting: Round 15: Carlton vs Richmond

It is the morning after and we were ordinary. I wasn't starting off this thread last night after I drove back - I wasn't trusting the train after last week!
In some ways we were back to the Malthouse days, but....
Time to mark our guys on a night where we showed that we really lack skill. Here it is. Poor out your feelings. We'll see how many want to vote this time around.

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Voting: Round 15: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #1
OK, I'll kick it off.

Team: D

5 - Gibbs
4 - Kreuzer
3 - Murphy
2 - Carrazzo
1 - Tuohy
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
5 Kreuzer

4 Buckley

3 Murphy

2 Tuohy

1 Carrazzo
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
Team - D

Gibbs - 5
Simpson - 4
Kreuzer - 3
Buckley - 2
Bell - 1

Reply #4
I probably shouldn’t be writing this when I am so angry, but having just watched the Northern Blues lead for more than 3 quarter to lose by 4 goals is enough to make my blood pressure rise.
It brings back the nightmare of last night.

Team:   D
We didn’t give in, but we had a lot less contributors last night than any other game under Barker so far. Our kicking for goal was horrifying and our overall skills simply not good enough. I won’t mention the umpires yet. They deserve their own pasting.

Votes:
I found it very difficult this week. We really didn’t have many 4 quarter players. A lot of players had good patches, but very few managed to beat their man all night.

[3]   Gibbs
[2]   Murphy
[1.5]   Kreuzer
[1.5]   Tuohy
[1.5]   Carrazzo
[1.5]   Buckley]
[1]   Simpson
[1]   Cripps
[1]   Curnow
[0.5]   Holman
[0.5]   Bell

Explanations:
[3]   Gibbs:   Bryce played 3 really good quarters, got a lot of the ball and put his body in. He had 7 tackles and gave us a lot of drive. Alas, his disposal has not yet recovered.
[2]   Murphy:   Murphy also had 3 good quarters, but he did nothing much in the last.
[1.5]   Kreuzer:   Not bad around the ground and in the thick of things. It showed how useful he could have been. However, he got pounded in the ruck by Hampson, whose excellent ruck work was a major reason for Richmond’s win.
[1.5]   Tuohy:   Tuohy also had 3 really good quarters and one shocker. He made some surprising mistakes, but was excellent in his defensive pressure and run for most of the game.
[1.5]   Carrazzo:   Carrots had a lot of the ball and a lot of clearances, but he found it difficult to contain Richmond’s mids as the game went on.
[1.5]   Buckley:   Did a great job against taller, stronger and more experienced opponents.
[1]   Simpson:   Pretty good from Simmo.
[1]   Cripps:   Pretty quiet early, but he rose to the challenge and showed how bright a future he really has.
[1]   Curnow:   Took his opponents to the cleaners and got 20 possessions himself.
[0.5]   Holman:   Did a very good job at half back. Not enough of the ball, but what he did was very good.
[0.5]   Bell:   Much quieter from Tom this week, but he still tried hard and did some good things.

Honourable Mentions:
Casboult:   Not enough from the big guy, but he did have his moments. Like the 70 m goal.
Henderson:   Hendo worked hard enough, but got thrashed early. Much better after half time.
White:   I didn’t think White was that bad. Riewoldt got very few possessions near goal.

Other Comments:
Richmond Hysteria:
The pro-Richmond emphasis in the media lately is sickening. They are not that good. The margin flattered them remarkably. But when we can’t kick goals from close range, it was not going to be good.
Our kicking:
It was a hard night for good disposal with conditions as they were, but our disposal, especially in shots at goal was mind-blowingly bad. We aren’t going to beat many teams until we start kicking straight.
Umpires:
For the 2nd week in a row we were hung out to dry by the Umpires. I’d rather not go into details, as it will make my blood boil, but we just don’t need that sort of rubbish at this point.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Team D

5 - Murphy
4 - Kreuzer
3 - Tuohy
2 - Simpson
1 - Buckley
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #6
Team E

4: Kruezer
3: Carrazzo
3: Buckley
3: Murphy
1: Cripps
1: Simpson

Reply #7
Team = D

[4]   Tuohy
[2]   Gibbs
[2]   Murphy
[2]   Carrazzo
[2]   Buckley
[2]   Simpson
[1]   Tutt

Reply #8
Team. D

4. Murphy
3. Gibbs
3. Tuohy
2. Simpson
1. Kreuzer
1. Buckley
1. Carrazzo
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #9
Team - D

5. Murphy
4. Gibbs
3. Carrazzo
2. Kreuzer
1. Buckley

Reply #10
Team; D

5 - Kreuzer
4 - Touhy
3 - Murphy
2 - Simpson
1 - Buckley
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #11
Team D

4 - Gibbs

3 - Tuohy

2 - Kreuzer

2 - Murphy

1 - Buckley

1 - Carrazzo

1 - Curnow

1 - Simpson

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17