Topic: RIP Frank Tyson (Read 3309 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RIP Frank Tyson

Reply #1
Good innings ;)
Good commentator
RIP.

Reply #2
I'm not old enough to remember him playing but his knowledgeable commentating on Shield and Test cricket helped to foster my appreciation of the game.

RIP
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
RIP Frank, from all reports a great cricketer in his day. I remember him on the ABC , great on the mike, always a story, ...

Reply #4
Good innings ;)
Good commentator
RIP.

x2
 Very articulate and knew the game very well, decent man who played the game hard but in the right manner.
Interesting to read he was upset by Phil Hughes death and reflected on some of the blokes he would have hit.
When you see the photos of him at the delivery crease and the power he had you can see why Richie Benaud rated him for pace with any bowler he had seen..

Reply #5
RIP

I remember meeting him when I was a young boy at my local cricket club where he played in a charity match, terrifying the local batsmen when bowling nowhere near his full pace. Got his autograph that day whilst he was sitting in the pavilion car park in his black Wolseley 6/80, which seemed like a very grand car to me at the time. I remember him as a very kindly sort of man.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
The Typhoon has blown out ..........   :(
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"