Skip to main content
Topic: Farewell Cooper Cronk? (Read 10129 times) previous topic - next topic

Farewell Cooper Cronk?

Interested to hear Cooper Cronk has appointed a manager to help him decide his playing future.

Player Managers make more money when a player moves, so it's more than likely all over red rover for Cooper and The Storm.

Can't blame him, he's served Storm well and deserves the option to maximise his income.
The Force Awakens!

Re: Farewell Cooper Cronk?

Reply #1
Yep wonderful servant for the club and I completely understand.

Storm have to start planning for generation next and that day is arriving quickly. The loss of Cronk followed by Slater and Smith in the next year or so, combine that with the likely retirement of Bellamy and it could be a painful period for the Storm.

Best source the next generation, blood them and lock them in.

Reply #2
Well it has happened, Cooper is off to Sydney next season, to be with his missus!

The missus bit is just a stone cold furphy, like you would move states because your wife has a $100K job in Fox Sports!

Don't dress it up Cooper, do yourself proud. We've loved having you here in big town and now it's time for you to cash in up there in La La Land.

Just do us one favour, start a bidding war and bankrupt those goons north of the border!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Well it has happened, Cooper is off to Sydney next season, to be with his missus!

The missus bit is just a stone cold furphy, like you would move states because your wife has a $100K job in Fox Sports!

Don't dress it up Cooper, do yourself proud. We've loved having you here in big town and now it's time for you to cash in up there in La La Land.

Just do us one favour, start a bidding war and bankrupt those goons north of the border!

Hmm, maybe not.

It might benefit her career more and at this stage of his career, its worthwhile putting time into her career as you need to develop your further pathway.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4
Hmm, maybe not.

It might benefit her career more and at this stage of his career, its worthwhile putting time into her career as you need to develop your further pathway.

Seriously Thry, in two years he'd earn 20X her annual salary!

The only thing I'd be looking into is, who her parents are and how are they connected to her and his future? He might be thinking about post-career opportunities.

I suspect the same logic applied to the attempted Gibbs move, it was never about his missus and her career even though that was one of the contributing reasons given, that aspect of it was just a smokescreen.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
^^

I know what you are getting at, but I just cant see a bloke at age 33 earning big dollars despite his name.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6

I don't think its just about her wage. Simply, he misses her. Wants to spend more time together.

Reply #7
Hello Cooper Cronk..
Dapto Canaries or Wests Illawarra ?  :)

Reply #8
There's a chance that he will hang up the boots at the end of this season.

He may be concentrating on cranking out little Cronks.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
^^

I know what you are getting at, but I just cant see a bloke at age 33 earning big dollars despite his name.

The NRL media are predicting a bidding war with Cronk having 2 or 3 years left to play a major role.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
There's a chance that he will hang up the boots at the end of this season.

He may be concentrating on cranking out little Cronks.

How does that equate with moving so his girl can pursue her career?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
How does that equate with moving so his girl can pursue her career?

You can do both in this day and age :)

From what I heard him say, it's more about he and his partner living together and that's perfectly understandable. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12
You can do both in this day and age :)

From what I heard him say, it's more about he and his partner living together and that's perfectly understandable.

In the context of people claiming he is hanging up the boots for love, just months after signing a new two year deal.

The argument that a million dollar sportsmen would forego the limited opportunity he has in his life to earn that sort of money, just so his girlfriend can retain her mostly low to medium salary office job, is quite staggering. Frankly it's preposterous. So I doubt he is intending to retire.

Sporting clubs and player managers should stop inventing these sort of constructions, a less gutless media would call it as it is even if he has earned the right! Honesty is the best policy, assuming their love is strong, the person earning the low wage would surely move!

As a long term supporter of The Storm I don't want to be shined on. Lets face it, the relationship is probably going to be the cherry on the top of the new contract! The lure of a larger carrot must be the underlying reason behind this sudden relocation!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
No wonder Cooper wants to move to NSW instead of home to Qld!

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/manly-suspected-of-salary-cap-breaches-as-scandal-engulfs-nrl-20170705-gx565b.html

I'm sure the NRL will investigate this new discovery, new for those blind to 30 years of "overs" payments. And with all it's resources penalise, fine and bludgeon Melbourne Storm for being too far south!

Yeah, only Melb Storm are the bad guys! ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
I read Cooper Cronk has done a Gibbs!

Surprise, surprise!
The Force Awakens!