Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17 : Pre Game polite and refined discourse - Blues v Eagles (Read 25399 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 17 : Pre Game polite and refined discourse - Blues v Eagles

Sunday July 17
1.10 pm
MCG

Hey crash, apologies if I'm stepping on your toes old son..........

Re: Rd 17 : Pre Game polite and refined discourse - Blues v Eagles

Reply #1
Levi is going to get a week for his tummy tap as he has been fined twice already. Can't get fined a 3rd time for that. He was reported and won't get out of it.

That means Jaksch and Jones in for mine. Don't want to go another game with 2 ruck and one key forward. If we thought Levi had trouble as a one out key forward against the numbers of a top defence then either Jaksch or Jones on their own will find it twice as much trouble. So pick both.

Drop Everitt and Walker and pick some runners. Don't need them if SOSOS is playing. Thomas will be out injured i'd say

Reply #2
There is no contact shown in the video, only an action, a near miss and a player staging free kick.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
I hope he gets six-seven weeks so we can finally get a proper look at Jaksch.

Reply #4
insufficient force and a fine for staging.......well i can dream.

Reply #5
Does anyone else think we're a chance, solely on account of the "flat track bully" factor ?

Reply #7
I hope he gets six-seven weeks so we can finally get a proper look at Jaksch.

There is an easy way to get a look at him, go to a NBs VFL match and look for the player not putting in! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
There is an easy way to get a look at him, go to a NBs VFL match and look for the player not putting in! ;)

20 goals plus other good games in defence is not one of a player not putting in. Maybe a little inconsistent through games but with those stats i'd say he's putting in. If he's doing that not putting in imagine then how good he'll be when he has a crack!

Reply #9
20 goals plus other good games in defence is not one of a player not putting in. Maybe a little inconsistent through games but with those stats i'd say he's putting in. If he's doing that not putting in imagine then how good he'll be when he has a crack!

Don't talk to me about stats, in Jaksch's case they are meaningless, as worthless as telling me Everitt is our leading goalkicker.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
not
Don't talk to me about stats, in Jaksch's case they are meaningless, as worthless as telling me Everitt is our leading goalkicker.

How is 20 goals in a season so far meaningless? Not as if he's kicked 18 of them in the last 5 minutes of games when they were over. I saw one game and they were from very strong contested marks or good leads.

31 goals for Everitt last year wasn't meaningless either just that it was last year, not this year. Just meant last year he played well, this year crap. Figures tell us that clearly. Just a stupid statement to say they were meaningless stats.

Reply #11
Sunday July 17
1.10 pm
MCG

Hey crash, apologies if I'm stepping on your toes old son..........
No worries, mate. I'd just spent the last 2 hours creating an infinite tome on our forward structure (or lack of it). Happy you stepped up to the mark!

Now, if only the Blues can step up to the mark....

It may sound weird, but playing on the MCG doesn't appear to be helping us at the moment. We used to play that ground well. I wonder what happened?

Next Sunday could have a really small crowd.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
No worries, mate. I'd just spent the last 2 hours creating an infinite tome on our forward structure (or lack of it). Happy you stepped up to the mark!

Now, if only the Blues can step up to the mark....

It may sound weird, but playing on the MCG doesn't appear to be helping us at the moment. We used to play that ground well. I wonder what happened?

Next Sunday could have a really small crowd.

Seriously thinking about not going. 6 goals last week. 7 today. Hardly worth watching is it?

Reply #13
It could get ugly, but NicNat isn't playing, so we won't get done by 100 points.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14

First of all, I'd have Jaksch in the team mainly because we desperately need KPPs at both ends of the ground.  However, I'm not yet convinced that he gives the effort required to perform at AFL level.  In the NBs game I watched live he drifted in and out and Phillips had more impact as a key forward (and we know he's not a key forward).
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball