Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 18: In Game Angst: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 11241 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 18: In Game Angst: Carlton vs Sydney

I've got into the habit of naming the In Game thread 'Angst'. As much as anything, it is probably because that is how I feel until the siren goes and I get a flood of Dopamine through my brain (assuming that we win. :) :) ). I am never certain until the game is over and I always want the Blues to run out the 4 quarters.
It is worse when the game is Interstate and I can't get there and especially bad when the game is not on TV. At least this game is on TV in Victoria, even though it is an hour and a half behind. Not sure about next week: Channel 7 do things in strange ways.

Anyway, enjoy!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 18: In Game Angst: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #1
Curnow brothers. Looking good so far!!!

Reply #2
Yep nice mark & goal to Charlie

Reply #3
Nice to see the boys up and about, and nice to see a bit of Hawthorn-like opportunism with that 2nd goal.

But I wish they would stop selling their teammates into trouble with poor decisions.

Reply #4
Nice smother by Kruzer has had a few touches early ,

Reply #5
Very scrappy , closed up game not much free space. Lack of skills contributing to that

Reply #6
Krooz looks on today....

Reply #7
Nice grab & goal to Kruzer

Reply #8
Gibbs great first quarter!!

Reply #9
Very scrappy , closed up game not much free space. Lack of skills contributing to that

Maybe it's because we've played well, but I've found it rather absorbing thus far. Given the wind and small ground, I've seen much worse in Sydney.

Reply #10
Bloody Buddy.

Reply #11
Certainly some great flashes of positive team play, mixed in with some scrappy play. But seem to lost in defence at times, they seem to not know how to play Buddy atm

Reply #12
Certainly some great flashes of positive team play, mixed in with some scrappy play. But seem to lost in defence at times, they seem to not know how to play Buddy atm

Yes agree - too many easy marks inside our D50.

Reply #13
Two bad errors cost goals...Buckley not hard or strong enough vs Josh Kenendy...goal
Cripps didnt produce a 2nd effort vs Buddy...goal...

Reply #14
Very good endeavour from the boys but skills let us down too often. Still I can see we are starting to move forward and signs are encouraging. Nice mark and goal from Charlie C.

Buddy is fantastic.  :(
Reality always wins in the end.