Skip to main content
Topic: Players aint that smart are they? (Read 3673 times) previous topic - next topic

Players aint that smart are they?

Why do players lie to their Clubs? The truth will always come out so man up and tell the truth.

Turns out De Goey didnt brake his hand playing with the dog, he broke in an bar room fight. When will they learn?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/jordan-de-goey-admits-he-broke-his-hand-in-a-bar-fight-not-while-throwing-a-toy-for-his-dog/news-story/c90b1e03e099d81f713206c74b60a842
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: Players aint that smart are they?

Reply #1
These guys are apparently going to have the AFL's strongest midfield, yet Greenwood and De Goey wont fire a shot till after round 5.  Add Wells looking doubtful in his preparation and you are left with Taylor Adams, Steele Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Will Hoskin-Elliott leading the charge.

Solid stuff there but only Pendlebury is spectacular and very thin with the aforementioned out of action.

These guys are my red hot tip for the spoon this year.  Will leak goals, have problems scoring and get smashed in the middle most weeks.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2
Why do players lie to their Clubs? The truth will always come out so man up and tell the truth.

Turns out De Goey didnt brake his hand playing with the dog, he broke in an bar room fight. When will they learn?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/jordan-de-goey-admits-he-broke-his-hand-in-a-bar-fight-not-while-throwing-a-toy-for-his-dog/news-story/c90b1e03e099d81f713206c74b60a842

What an airhead  :))
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
These guys are apparently going to have the AFL's strongest midfield, yet Greenwood and De Goey wont fire a shot till after round 5.  Add Wells looking doubtful in his preparation and you are left with Taylor Adams, Steele Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Will Hoskin-Elliott leading the charge.

Solid stuff there but only Pendlebury is spectacular and very thin with the aforementioned out of action.

These guys are my red hot tip for the spoon this year.  Will leak goals, have problems scoring and get smashed in the middle most weeks.

Waldron was talking about De Goey on SEN today and stated that he had developed "a bad reputation" in footy circles. When pressed to elaborate he said that it was "the kind that a player would not want to be tagged with, especially at such a young age" or words to that effect. Seems that being an AFL player has gone to his head a little bit.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Waldron was talking about De Goey on SEN today and stated that he had developed "a bad reputation" in footy circles. When pressed to elaborate he said that it was "the kind that a player would not want to be tagged with, especially at such a young age" or words to that effect. Seems that being an AFL player has gone to his head a little bit.

Pendles in 2016 was a shadow of himself imo....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #5
Pendles in 2016 was a shadow of himself imo....

Think he had the lazy 34 possies vs us when Bolton let him run around without a man in the return game but you are right he was
less effective in 2016 and Buckley had him on a half back flank in the 2nd half of the season.....

Reply #6

Stupid is what I call it ???
His lies were aired in the media by Bucks. Now that will be an interesting meeting, when he tells DeGoey to "come to my office". Might just help the youngster make an attitude adjustment.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
Collingwood's had a long culture of this stuff, it won't be clear of it until there is forced change at the top.

The irony of McGuire slamming De Goey in the media while apparently taking little action beyond the average recovery period for a broken hand is not lost on anyone. Only the toothless hoards swallow that story.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Collingwood's had a long culture of this stuff, it won't be clear of it until there is forced change at the top.

The irony of McGuire slamming De Goey in the media while apparently taking little action beyond the average recovery period for a broken hand is not lost on anyone. Only the toothless hoards swallow that story.

3 week suspension once he is fit is a decent whack.

Reply #9
It's interesting to compare the treatment of De Goey with that dished out to Shaw and Didak; a minimum of four weeks after they both lied to the club.

At the time, Nathan Buckley advocated a harsher penalty:

"I'd be suspending him indefinitely, if  it was me, and I'd do the same with Heath Shaw, they're both mates of mine ... Alan's made too many poor choices," Buckley said.

"There needs to be a strong stance made by the club to set the tone, not just for Alan Didak or Heath Shaw but for all young players at football clubs, so it's distinct, what's acceptable and what's not, there needs to be a clear line drawn.''

The conspiracy theory doing the rounds is that Buckley knew about De Goey's involvement in the fracas and the dog story was concocted by the club to try to protect De Goey.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
It's interesting to compare the treatment of De Goey with that dished out to Shaw and Didak; a minimum of four weeks after they both lied to the club.

The conspiracy theory doing the rounds is that Buckley knew about De Goey's involvement in the fracas and the dog story was concocted by the club to try to protect De Goey.

Seriously.... This mob is bound to come undone. At some point you can no longer recognise truth from lies, let alone who reported what to whom. Fascicle. Just fascicle.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #11

Apparantly there are additional requirements enforced on DeGoey.

Must do some community service.
Will have to do some extended hours at the club (first one in, last one out type stuff - including VFL side) which could lead to 14 hour days on occasion.
$5000 fine.

I think its a fair whack.