Skip to main content
Topic: AFLPA Awards 2017 (Read 2697 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLPA Awards 2017

Matty Kreuzer, Marc Murphy and Sam Docherty have been nominated by the playing group for the AFLPA Most Valuable Player award.

Kreuzer has also been nominated for the Most Courageous award and Samo Ptrevski-Seton is in the running for Best First Year Player.

There are no surprises there but I'm sure that some CSCers are shaking their head at the notion of the playing group considering Murphy to be worthy of MVP status  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: AFLPA Awards 2017

Reply #1
There are no surprises there but I'm sure that some CSCers are shaking their head at the notion of the playing group considering Murphy to be worthy of MVP status  ;)

It's a bit of an indictment on our supporters that they can't or won't see his true worth.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
I agree with those 3 nominations and have thought for most of the year Murphy will win our B&F.
Kreuzer had an excellent 2nd half (with a very good 1st half) and might just end up getting him, but I will be stunned if he is top 2, let alone top 3
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #3
Those three have been outstanding for us this year, I'm proud of them as CFC players.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Matty Kreuzer, Marc Murphy and Sam Docherty have been nominated by the playing group for the AFLPA Most Valuable Player award.

Kreuzer has also been nominated for the Most Courageous award and Samo Ptrevski-Seton is in the running for Best First Year Player.

Well he didn't make the AA squad so no one outside of Carlton rates him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #5

Neither did Kreuzer, despite having superior numbers to all his competitors, which says more about the selection committee than the players.

Just a Reminder HERE of Kreuzers effectiveness versus other rucks or mid-fielders.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Neither did Kreuzer, despite having superior numbers to all his competitors, which says more about the selection committee than the players.

Just a Reminder HERE of Kreuzers effectiveness versus other rucks or mid-fielders.

Kreuzer made the squad.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #7

Nomination by your peers is always is always rated very highly. They'd know way more about how the captain performs than a supporter with a set against him.

Reply #9

So absolutely said to rile people up.
About 15? Mids made the AA squad?
Not that many usually make it from the bottom couple obviously..

But as said at the start, your comment isn't even on you think is true (that if you are not in the AA top 40 no one rates you)
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #10
Kreuzer made the shortlist, but was cut from the final team.

The shortlist is referred to as the squad, so he did make the squad, didn't make the team.

Reply #11

Can't really disagree with those 3, my only comment is that Gibbs may have been included for a purple patch this year.....and to display how important he is to the team so that Adelaide would be forced to pay top dollar should then come knocking again.

Adelaide would be well within their right to say they are not paying 2 first round picks for a player who isn't in the top 3 in a team that finished 16th.