Skip to main content

Poll

Where do you think Carlton will finish in 2017?

1-4
[ 0 ] (0%)
5-8
[ 0 ] (0%)
9-12
[ 11 ] (17.2%)
13-15
[ 17 ] (26.6%)
16-18
[ 36 ] (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: March 23, 2017, 11:05:37 pm

Topic: Where do you think Carlton will finish in 2017? (Read 36963 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Where do you think Carlton will finish in 2017?

Reply #180

Question for the 16-18 group though....Anyone want to change their mind?

I went for 16-18 due to our lack of scoring power and not expecting the Hawks and Swans to nose dive like they have.... Our scoring power is still a concern but I'm thinking we can get 6 ish  wins so whereever that gets us ...  13th - 15th ?
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #181
I voted 13-15. Happy to stick with that.

Reply #182
For a variety of reasons I think 16-18 is still likely, but happy with anything above that.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #183
If our current good run with injuries keeps up we can get 8-10 wins I think. If we lose a couple of key guys in the midfield we could have a second half to the season like we had last year. We have no depth.

10th would be about as good as we'll get. 15th worst I think.

Reply #184
A big factor will be our stamina and thus our ability to run out the season. Looking ok so far but I thought we did tire a bit last week.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #185
Yep tired bigtime. Depth is our big issue.

As it is for many teams - tiges = zero depth. Cannot cover even 2 or 3 injuries out of their best team.

Reply #186
I think older guys like Buckley, Boekhorst Lamb, Sumner, Kerridge, Palmer, Jones and Smedts will finish off the season

I havent included Jaksch because he is only 22

Reply #187
I think older guys like Buckley, Boekhorst Lamb, Sumner, Kerridge, Palmer, Jones and Smedts will finish off the season

I havent included Jaksch because he is only 22

i thought sumner was good last season. what happened?

Reply #188
I think it is worth noting that we have had an unbelievably good run with injuries to this point. The only real injured player is a bloke who did his knee last year!

Still, only with 3 wins thus far a couple of good efforts makes me think we haven't quite cashed in as much as we'd like.
I can't help but think the karma bus will hit us hard in the second half of the year.

Should our luck with injuries continue, highly unlikely, then i think we should finish in the 12-15 range.