Skip to main content
Topic: The Journey - Tues 15/3 830pm Fox Footy (Read 28433 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Journey - Tues 15/3 830pm Fox Footy

Reply #105
Such a good initiative. Gives the rank and file a good view as to induction into the club.

Has anyone else seen the video on membership with Dave Hughes, Pang et al? So good! Whoever is in charge of marketing at the club now is doing a great job!

Id suggest that this angle of the club has been performing well for years.

The problem being is that often over delivered where our team fell over and people struggled to make the expectation match reality.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #106
Id suggest that this angle of the club has been performing well for years.

The problem being is that often over delivered where our team fell over and people struggled to make the expectation match reality.

Dunno about the marketing dept.

Saw a punter on Facebook who sent in his membership form in November, still nothing back!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #107
^^

Different department.

Have a think about our marketing over the years.  Since 2009 or perhaps even when Judd came aboard, I have seen them do really good things.

Our membership department has been the opposite.

Marketing has been fairly consistent IMHO.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #108
Once again big tick.

With Bolton, I don't have any qualms about the personality type.  He is the sort of person you would love to work for as he seems hard but fair, supportive but even measured in terms of looking at inputs vs outputs.  Will praise the good stuff, and be constructive on the poor stuff, always linking it back to the values of the organisation.

We have a great manager of people.

What we don't know about is his ability to be an AFL senior coach.  Tactically, I think it's hard to mark someone with a younger group of players, as they are still in the process of implementation of system.  There will always be teething problems, particulary when compared to mature systems (i.e. Hawthorn, West Coast, Bulldogs et al) and there are always going to be the type of players that are incompatible with said systems that lurk around footy clubs which means that in can take time to get to a point where these players are no longer in the best lineup due to their ability to perform in that system vs their peers.  The perfect example of this is Levi.  He is easily a walk up start with us, but we need someone more competant in the ground level forward pressure, and finishing of work in that role.  Until we identify one, he weakens the system.

At the end of the day, I hope that we stick with Bolton, as we have a truly competant human being here, who even if he is short tactically of being a great AFL coach has all the attributes that should see him get there by the time his career is over (unless the Carlton Football Club culture has something else to say about it).

Under no circumstances, should we think that sacking Bolton is a good idea based upon what I have seen of him as a person, and his particular skill set and methodology.

Someone said the other day (forget who) that Bolton is a great leader/educator of young man, but is questionable when it comes to the senior blokes.

That together with unknown tactical nous would be the only (potential) problems i see with him at this stage.

Given we have a gun young team, and in need of a cultural change. He is certainly the type of person we need at the club at present.

What happens 3 years from now? Who knows.

Reply #109
Someone said the other day (forget who) that Bolton is a great leader/educator of young man, but is questionable when it comes to the senior blokes.

The suggestion was that while he was "very good at turning kids into much better kids but not so good at turning them into senior footballers."

It was reportedly said by a former player.
It was posted on another site and referenced here...until there is something  more concrete just treat it as hearsay.

Reply #110
The suggestion was that while he was "very good at turning kids into much better kids but not so good at turning them into senior footballers."

It was reportedly said by a former player.
It was posted on another site and referenced here...until there is something  more concrete just treat it as hearsay.

Based on....
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #111
Meh - seems like much ado about nothing to me.

Teams were bonding long before you had to make a video about it. And I'm sure the kids already knew that AFL players get injured, sometimes you have to push through pain, fatigue etc. for your teammates.

I finished watching this and wondered whether Bolts would be better suited to being a motivational speaker, or one of those new fangled "Organizational Change" managers.

And God forbid, I heard one of the kids start talking about density. Bloody hell.

Some footage of Bolts and Co showing the kids how to develop elite field and goal kicking skills, elite hand passing skills etc. might be nice.