Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 34230 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #15
perhaps White on Rance as a defensive forward?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
Apparently SPS is being actively considered for selection!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
Just heard Choco Williams on SEN and he says that in the Richmond inner sanctum, they work themselves up into a frenzy this week with heaps of 'what if they do this' 'I hope this doesn't happen' etc throwing doubt into their own minds.  He says it's laughable......but it's there!!!  Good for us!

Choco with a grudge against Richmond? Never!

He is sticking the boots in at every opportunity  :) :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
I spotted Kreuzer at the local woolworths twice in the last month.  He had a trolley full of fruit and vegetables on both occasions, and was walking around with shorts a t-shirt, and thongs on.  He looked like he had been working fairly hard by the callouses on his feet over this pre season which combined with his Freo game form(in which I thought he had a particularly good match against Sandilands considering hes unlikely to beat him) speaks for where he is at and that is in rip snorting condition.

I think he will do really well this season, and as much as we consider him a "lone hand" he has adequate support from Rowe, and Casboult.  We might still have the upper hand in this ruck contest after all provided he stays relatively fit and injury free (no one is ever 100%).

The major positives from my perspective is that he had no obvious bracing on which means not only is he getting through matches fairly unscathed the recovery he is doing is allowing him to move around freely.
STALKER :D

Reply #20

I wouldn't mind seeing Weitering stand Rance for a while.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21
I wouldn't mind seeing Weitering stand Rance for a while.

Little SoS for mine. He only needs to provide a contest and keep dance honest.

Reply #22

Yep. Make life difficult and try and get the ball to spill out and create crumbling opportunities.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
I'm far from confident about a good season this year. Can't see us winning many games at all.
However, Tigers are mental midgets and are always ripe the picking.
They SHOULD win....but thats why they might lose.

Looking forward to playing a richmond side that doesn't have delidio in it. He's given us plenty of problems over the years.

Reply #25
I'm far from confident about a good season this year. Can't see us winning many games at all.
However, Tigers are mental midgets and are always ripe the picking.
They SHOULD win....but thats why they might lose.

Looking forward to playing a richmond side that doesn't have delidio in it. He's given us plenty of problems over the years.

In all honesty last year we should have beaten them with what was probably a weaker side than the one we'll field on Thursday. 

Reply #26
Maybe start our tall forwards up the ground away from the goals so rance has to leave he's inner sanctum and play out of he's position on a back flank and play a curnow or a SOS at full forward. Cas and weits out side the forward fifty on the flanks. Upset there team structure. Just a thought

Reply #27
In all honesty last year we should have beaten them with what was probably a weaker side than the one we'll field on Thursday.
Agree, letting them kick 4.2 to our 1.2 in the last was criminal in the context of that game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28

Yes, that was a disappointing result.  It seemed to me that the players didn't realise that they were capable of winning.

Reply #29
Maybe start our tall forwards up the ground away from the goals so rance has to leave he's inner sanctum and play out of he's position on a back flank and play a curnow or a SOS at full forward. Cas and weits out side the forward fifty on the flanks. Upset there team structure. Just a thought

Rance would be happy to let our forwards get the ball outside 50.

He'll just sag off and wait for them to come back in and pick them up on the way through.