Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 34248 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #60
You all seem to be talking about me.

Reply #61
Wallsy has never held back when it comes to criticising the club for poor decisions, list management, etc.  In fact, the article starts with "He's been one of their biggest critics for many years ..."

Lloyd has taken over Wallsy's role of kicking clubs/players heads in on a weekly basis... in retirement Walls is more a fan now, riding the Carlton roller coaster like the rest of us.

Reply #62
Lloyd has taken over Wallsy's role.

Not really, Wallsy used to give everyone a bite without bias, including Carlton.

Lloyd never seriously bites CheatsFC, he's nothing but mostly positive about them.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
Not really, Wallsy used to give everyone a bite without bias, including Carlton.

Lloyd never seriously bites CheatsFC, he's nothing but mostly positive about them.

Agree...very soft on EFC and does take delight in sticking the boot into us and the Hawks....cant remember if it was Lyon or Hutchy
but they mentioned his brother Simons recruiting for Freo and M.Lloyds happy face disappeared real quick...

Reply #64
And when he does that, our other fwds need to work their defenders over to create opportunities, to where Rance aint, inside 50. He'll only do it once or twice before he has to pay more respect to his opponent.

We have other forwards?! :o

Reply #65

Lloyd is doing Wallsy's schtick, he isn't smart enough to come up with something new.

Reply #68
Lloyd is doing Wallsy's schtick, he isn't smart enough to come up with something new.

Fair enough, as long as the major difference is clear.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #69
I am so glad this bloke is our coach. Bring on 2017 and beyond.

Same here!

I think Bolts is the most natural and articulate communicator we've had since Parko and that's certainly not where the similarities end.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #70
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2017-03-21/bolton-on-afl-tonight

Must say I'm still sheepish clicking on a coach interview (artefact of dark days).
This one goes a way towards repairing my past struggles ;)
Onya Bolts. It's a tick from me.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #71
I don't know who asked this question in the Cripps video, around the 2:56s mark.

Cripps talks Tigers and Injury

Apparently Caddy is now a similar build and height to Cripps? ::)

FFS, what were Geelong thinking, they must be morons to let go a 195cm x 93kg midfielder for feck all! Further more what is Nthmond feeding him, the lads added 10cm and 10kg in a single pre-season. An outstanding result for a 24 year old! :o

Other news, Crippa wants to improve his contested possession rate, Holy Shmoly!  ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
Same here!

I think Bolts is the most natural and articulate communicator we've had since Parko and that's certainly not where the similarities end.

Very good indeed but whether his communication skills translate into onfield improvement - only time will tell.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #73
White, Rowe, Plowman
Docherty, Marchbank, Simpson
Wright, Cripps, Smedts
Kerridge, Weitering, Armfield
Pickett, Casboult, C.Curnow
Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murphy
E.Curnow, Cuningham, Petrevski-Seton, Palmer
J.Silvagni, Fisher, McKay

Reply #74
I just read an article suggesting SPS likely to play.

Why wouldn't you, the guy is something seriously special....
Finals, then 4 in a row!