Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 32195 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #45
When you recruit players like Smedts and Palmer you are under pressure to play them to justify your decision to recruit them especially when the media
scrutinize your work like what Lloyd is doing with us at the minute....
Marchbank and Pickett are lock ins....

I can't see that at all EB.  Perhaps if they were highly paid, high profile players that cost us an arm and a leg in trade goods.  I doubt whether our match committee would take the slightest notice of media reports, particularly from the likes of Lloyd.  Besides, their recruitment was a list management decision and we know that SOS is the final arbiter and his decisions do not reflect on the match committee. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #47
This ∆∆∆∆∆ I like....
I hope your boy gets to scream out loud after the siren, coz we won by a goal ;D

Go new Blues

Cheers LoveNavy
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #48
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-season-2017-tigers-ready-to-roar-with-attacking-game-plan-says-dion-prestia-20170320-gv1ucf.html
As long as Wallsy doesn't write an article about us, we will be fine.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #49
As long as Wallsy doesn't write an article about us, we will be fine.

Not really an article but still a positive angle from the great man:

HE’S been one of their biggest critics for many years, but Robert Walls is very optimistic about the Blues’ 2017 hopes. But he wasn’t so friendly towards two under-fire coaches.

Speaking on Fox Sports News’ AFL Tonight on Monday, Walls said he expected Carlton to easily exceed the seven wins it recorded in 2016.

“I think Carlton can win 10 or 11 games,” Walls said.

“Most people don’t but they won seven last year and should have won nine, I thought.”

I reckon he is on the money ... as he often is :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #50
Not really an article but still a positive angle from the great man:

I reckon he is on the money ... as he often is :)

KB played a recording of Wallsy saying that stuff on SEN today and he sounded very positive about it. He reckons we should win more games than we did last year as our list has been improved!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #51
KB played a recording of Wallsy saying that stuff on SEN today and he sounded very positive about it. He reckons we should win more games than we did last year as our list has been improved!

Must be the Coburg mindset because that's exactly how I see it.

Wallsy has never been one to pull his punches, or drink his own bathwater, and that would be his considered opinion.

Reply #52
I've been a Walls fan for a while, and whilst I don't share his optimism, you can't question that in footy, he has pretty much seen and done it all.

He is great mates with Sergio Silvagni, and I'm sure that via SOS he would know so much more about the club than he releases to the public. I think that perhaps his friendship with Sergio may influence his positive feelings, but maybe I'm just being bitchy.

Reply #53
WTF? KB applying logic to an arguement? Never thought I live to see the day. Or is he at his sarcastic best?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #54
And Walls certainly gave the Bolton appointment the thumbs up when it was announced.

Reply #55
WTF? KB applying logic to an arguement? Never thought I live to see the day. Or is he at his sarcastic best?

GTC, it was Wallsy saying it not KB. KB of course was incredulous as what Wallsy said implied we were going to knock off the Tiges on Thurs!  :))

Reply #56
I've been a Walls fan for a while, and whilst I don't share his optimism, you can't question that in footy, he has pretty much seen and done it all.

He is great mates with Sergio Silvagni, and I'm sure that via SOS he would know so much more about the club than he releases to the public. I think that perhaps his friendship with Sergio may influence his positive feelings, but maybe I'm just being bitchy.

Wallsy has never held back when it comes to criticising the club for poor decisions, list management, etc.  In fact, the article starts with "He's been one of their biggest critics for many years ..."

Reply #57
GTC, it was Wallsy saying it not KB. KB of course was incredulous as what Wallsy said implied we were going to knock off the Tiges on Thurs!  :))

KB may have sounded incredulous Cookie but I suspect he is very worried about a loss and another year of turmoil for his Tiggies.

Reply #58
KB may have sounded incredulous Cookie but I suspect he is very worried about a loss and another year of turmoil for his Tiggies.

I'm sure there's something in that DJC - a frightened man singing in the dark?  8)

Reply #59
Wallsy has never held back when it comes to criticising the club for poor decisions, list management, etc.  In fact, the article starts with "He's been one of their biggest critics for many years ..."

I know in the past he's been critical of various things - he's been critical of the poor kicking skills for several years, he's been critical of the board, he's been critical of too many players not pulling their weight and leaving the work to a few (e.g Judd), he's been critical of sacking/hiring of past coaches etc.

I'll be interested to see if one day he comes out and gives SOS an almighty whack.