Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 2 Pre Game Panic Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 40215 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 2 Pre Game Panic Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #105
I'd generally agree, but it  is a long term habit of Rowe's.

It might also be a long term habit of our Church Mouse team! ;)

btw., It can look very bad, but I also think he wasn't penalised once by the umpires who have to right to penalise him for deliberate OOB if they perceive he was under no pressure.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #106
There is a factor not considered.

That was an 80 000 crowd, night match.

How many of those have we played over the last 2 years??  I think the answer is about 3 and do not underestimate what that can do to a player.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #107
There is a factor not considered.

That was an 80 000 crowd, night match.

How many of those have we played over the last 2 years??  I think the answer is about 3 and do not underestimate what that can do to a player.

It was one of the quietest games I have ever been to, it was hard to believe there was 70K spectators there.

Perhaps the silence was off-putting?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #108
I don't disagree with that, but thats what Richmond have begun now. In the 3/4 when Murphy found his straps and starting willing us back into the game, you could hear the collective brown note around me.

They have seen that play out one too many times, where we have run over them as their players switched off.  Luckily for them Dusty was running around doing as he pleased.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #109
Again, if it was an uncommon occurrence I'd agree, but it's every week. And on the church mouse thing, every bloody time? I doubt that's the reason... If it is, he needs his 4rse kicked harder for not having more awareness. So.e of those punches there was no one within kooee

Reply #110
Rowe is my main concern... He easily beat Reiwoldt all night, but if I was going to drop someone to make a statement it'd just about be him... I have never seen someone so reluctant to take a mark in my life. Several times, all on his lonesome and could have taken a chest mark, and he punches the ball. WTF!!! And it was noticeable last year as well.

Some people were saying White might make way because Rowe/Marchbank/Plowman are all thats needed in defense....but also we need more run from defense.
Rowe does like to punch the ball which is annoying people.

I've suggested before that instead of dropping one of those 4, we drop Casboult.

We send Rowe forward where he can re-learn how to mark the ball.....and he can pinch hit in the ruck, but let Kreuzer do the bulk of it as that is what suits him best.
It allows us to keep more run (white as '3rd tall') without weakening our backline.
It gives us 2 tall targets up forward....who can kick!

Reply #111
Some people were saying White might make way because Rowe/Marchbank/Plowman are all thats needed in defense....but also we need more run from defense.

I've suggested before that instead of dropping one of those 4, we drop Casboult.

We send Rowe forward where he can re-learn how to mark the ball.....and he can pinch hit in the ruck, but let Kreuzer do the bulk of it as that is what suits him best.
It allows us to keep more run (white as '3rd tall') without weakening our backline.

There you go again with logic!!!

Reply #112

I don't mind this idea, and would be quite happy to see it trialed for a few games.

Reply #113
Worth a try.

Reply #114
Bernie Vince is suspended and misses this week.

Has to help our forward a little being such a clean user coming out of their back 50.

We match up ok on them when played for 4 points. If Kreuzer can negate Gawn's influence, especially around the ground and if he drifts forward might be a little closer then many expect.

Or they could pump us. ;D

Reply #115
Why wasn't Rance cited for a front-on hit?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #116

Was thinking exactly the same thing. They must have missed it. ???

But they didn't miss Levi...he copped $1000 fine for regulation bump.

Reply #117

Was thinking exactly the same thing. They must have missed it. ???

But they didn't miss Levi...he copped $1000 fine for regulation bump.

Does anyone know who sat on the MRP this week?

As for Levi, what a freaking joke, his feet barely move, he had no momentum, and Vlastuin collapsed into his shoulder after tripping over the pill! Perhaps next week Murphy should throw himself at Viney's shoulder and get the kid rubbed out, Viney's got a record!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #118
All I ask for is EFFORT and lots of it.

INTENSITY

MANIC GANG TACKLING

not much to ask for ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #119
All I ask for is EFFORT and lots of it.

INTENSITY

MANIC GANG TACKLING

not much to ask for ::)

+1. Nailed it!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!