Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon  (Read 30287 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Hey Crash - thought I'd give you a hand old son.

Sunday April 9th, 3.20 PM
MCG

Re: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #1
 :-*Rest Cripps, bring in Palmer.  Give CC another crack at it (youth gets the benefit of the doubt!). Rest Armfield  Bring in Boekhurst. (Solid in the 2s, adds outside run)   Bring in Kerridge leave out White....don't need him.

Back 6
Doc   Rowe  Plowman

Simmo  Marchbank  McCreadie

Reply #2
Keen to play the youth as well, but I think Charlie needs to find some touch/confidence in the NB's. Bring in Harry McKay for him this week.

Armfield and White out for Palmer and Boekhorst.

Reply #3
Boekhorst.

Boekhorst will deliver nothing but disappointment, he's all mouth and no action at AFL level.

He'd be better off getting a job as a professional tweeter!

No heart, or at least none that shows! :o

There are tells that surround games played by blokes like Boekhorst;

- Decelerating into the contest.
 - Hot potato disposal.
 - That quick over the shoulder backwards glance.
 - His hero is Wile E. Coyote!
 - That feeling of tragedy, like the one you get when Bambi crosses the freeway!
 - Casboult kicking for goal!
 - Watching Boeky gives you the same feeling of a new scooter when all you wanted was a bike!

Sorry for the negativity, but I sense a waste of time and space!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Fisher, Cunningham and McKay. That's who I would be looking to bring in if any that's the future. The likes of Kerridge and Boekhorst are no better than what we have and not the future. We are already turning it over enough, and then people will be calling for them to be dropped in 2 weeks anyway.

Reply #5
Fisher, Cunningham and McKay. That's who I would be looking to bring in if any that's the future. The likes of Kerridge and Boekhorst are no better than what we have and not the future. We are already turning it over enough, and then people will be calling for them to be dropped in 2 weeks anyway.

I'd say with Cripps possibly an out, we can't afford to carry both Pickett and SPS against the CheatsFC bewcause we will be too thin on the ground for midfield rotations. So I'd be giving one of them a week off as well, and bringing in Palmer as a mature body, and Sheehan must be mighty close enough to be good to go. McKay up forward, Weitering back and Armfield, Marchbank and C.Curnow into the rotations.

If Cripps plays C.Curnow gets a holiday and no many other changes are required beyond one of either White or Armfield out for Palmer or Sheehan.

CheatsFC are going small and fast, 27°C and sunny this Sunday means good marking weather for talls!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Boekhorst will deliver nothing but disappointment, he's all mouth and no action at AFL level.

He'd be better off getting a job as a professional tweeter!

No heart, or at least none that shows! :o

There are tells that surround games played by blokes like Boekhorst;

- Decelerating into the contest.
 - Hot potato disposal.
 - That quick over the shoulder backwards glance.
 - His hero is Wile E. Coyote!
 - That feeling of tragedy, like the one you get when Bambi crosses the freeway!
 - Casboult kicking for goal!
 - Watching Boeky gives you the same feeling of a new scooter when all you wanted was a bike!

Sorry for the negativity, but I sense a waste of time and space!

Harry White had the same effect on some of the horses he rode hence his nick name handbrake Harry...
Fully agree with your thoughts on Boekhorst but he will get another couple of chances this year to see if he has improved but like you I doubt it...

Reply #7
The tip is that if Cripps does not play then Palmer or Kerridge will get the gig. I have a feeling that Levi will be given another chance but Army may well be on thin ice this week and that could open up a spot for Cunningham or Boekhorst?

I just have the feeling though that we won't see too many unforced changes and that BB will throw down the gauntlet to the guys once more this week. Just a feeling, could be way off beam.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8
Does anyone else think to try armfield as a tagger  he has strength, speed, on someone like merrett i am thinking?

Reply #9
Does anyone else think to try armfield as a tagger  he has strength, speed, on someone like merrett i am thinking?

Z. Merrett will certainly need some close attention, he's averaged 35 disposals alone in the first two games. Army could tag him but then what would Ed C do? Do we want to play two taggers?

Reply #10
Z. Merrett will certainly need some close attention, he's averaged 35 disposals alone in the first two games. Army could tag him but then what would Ed C do? Do we want to play two taggers?

Reckon we might need three.....Heppell and Jab will need watching also.....need more size up forward as well....Essendon always have one player usually Hooker when played back who
sits across half back and just racks up intercept marks thanks to our bombed ill directed kicks, drives me insane when we have no talls to contest...

Reply #11
Reckon we might need three.....Heppell and Jab will need watching also.....need more size up forward as well....Essendon always have one player usually Hooker when played back who
sits across half back and just racks up intercept marks thanks to our bombed ill directed kicks, drives me insane when we have no talls to contest...

They've switched it up this year.

They go with Patrick Ambrose in defense, and have moved Cale Hooker forward.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12

He's done OK, but he lacks agility.

E.Curnow is our best by far, but he lacks pace.

I'd almost give SPS a tagging role and see if he can annoy the sh1te out of someone, and in the process sneak a goal or two!

CheatsFC, excluding Jab, are not that big in the midfield. I'd almost surrender possession and dump the hell out of them tackle after tackle. If you are going to get hold of them, really get hold of them Lonergan style, Quid Pro Quo :o

The word I have is that the CheatsFC inner circle are talking up Carlton as the primary cause of their bans. Something to do with The Chemist Tapes! ;)

Hopefully if Levi plays he manages to step in the way of a few of them Vlastuin style!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Wonder if Rowe will play on J Daniher or will Weitering move back to defence?

Reply #14
Expecting to lose by 7 goals.

Their midfield has some pace, skill and flexibility, and Woosha seems to have the structure working nicely. We've got them whilst they're still in their euphoric return phase. Plus their talls Hurley, Hooker etc. are not too shabby. Plus Cripps and Rowe unlikely.