Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon (Read 37872 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Practice your teeth gnashing now.

Re: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #1
IM already sick of the 400 odd days without a game for the suspended drug cheats who have had an injustice against them.

At least thats what old man Watson is allowed to call it on radio.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2
IM already sick of the 400 odd days without a game for the suspended drug cheats who have had an injustice against them.

At least thats what old man Watson is allowed to call it on radio.

I heard that too, almost drove off the road....

Reply #3
You mean Tim Watson, father of drug cheat Jobe?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #4
Thats the one Prof.

He was interviewing Jake Melksham last week, and asked him about the "injustice" of the players being banned.

These psychofantic idiots dont get it.  No one corrected him, and hearing Basil Zempilas commentate their match was extra cringeworthy with the pandering to the drug cheats.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
Made me sick in Rd1 when Ch7 equated the return of Roughy after beating cancer with the return of the banned Essendon players  >:(

I still have no respect for Jobe.  He was keen to organise a sit-down protest against the sub rule on the grounds of player welfare.  But he did stuff all when his players were being jabbed repeatedly offsite in a secret drugs program.  Wonder if Jobe discussed this with Timmy before agreeing to it (in which case Timmy would certainly want to dodge personal responsibility).

Reply #6
Made me sick in Rd1 when Ch7 equated the return of Roughy after beating cancer with the return of the banned Essendon players  >:(

I still have no respect for Jobe.  He was keen to organise a sit-down protest against the sub rule on the grounds of player welfare.  But he did stuff all when his players were being jabbed repeatedly offsite in a secret drugs program.  Wonder if Jobe discussed this with Timmy before agreeing to it (in which case Timmy would certainly want to dodge personal responsibility).

Said the same thing at the time, Roughys comeback was a tonic to a lot of cancer sufferers but CH7 dedicated their telecast to the EFC's banned players and got heir priorities all
wrong...or maybe they didnt and the AFL wanted their bottom line enhanced with Essendon back in the fold and successful and thats all that mattered, I'm thinking the latter.
Jobe and his old man make me puke....

Reply #7
What i dont understand is the constant "there hard done by and were deceived by upper management" were talking about full grown adults, whose job is that of staying fit and healthy, surely no one in their right mind would not think to investigate why this is happening, or discuss with powers that be, im old school when it comes to drug cheats, their is no accident when taking substances their body is their work check before entering

Reply #8
You know what I don't accept or understand?

How is it that a club who has multiple salary cap breaches doesn't have this history factored into any penalty related to their drug cheating, especially since it was a penalty based on governance breaches.

What also infuriates me is that, for instance, a 12 year old gymnast who would probably put more trust in his/her coach given their age would be subjected to the standard penalty for any drug offences without any uproar, but the Essendon players were victims of trusting coaches and management and have no responsibility for what they are injected with.

This is the logic of our media. Its absurd. These players are legal adults, and are educated on PED's etc and who they need to contact if they have any queries. And its conveniently forgotten that these players were deceptive in reporting information when questioned by ASADA. And this makes them victims.

How can you take the AFL seriously, when they treat the general public like fools.

I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #9
You know what I don't accept or understand?

How is it that a club who has multiple salary cap breaches doesn't have this history factored into any penalty related to their drug cheating, especially since it was a penalty based on governance breaches.

What also infuriates me is that, for instance, a 12 year old gymnast who would probably put more trust in his/her coach given their age would be subjected to the standard penalty for any drug offences without any uproar, but the Essendon players were victims of trusting coaches and management and have no responsibility for what they are injected with.

This is the logic of our media. Its absurd. These players are legal adults, and are educated on PED's etc and who they need to contact if they have any queries. And its conveniently forgotten that these players were deceptive in reporting information when questioned by ASADA. And this makes them victims.

How can you take the AFL seriously, when they treat the general public like fools.
Again, they can think/say whatever they like. The unwritten code for ALL athletes in the world is the THE ATHLETE IS RESPONSIBLE for everything they put in their bodies (injected or ingested). It's that fecking simple EOS. They can sign forms, play dumb, play smart, whatever. The athlete is responsible.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #10
...and this is why we don't start the post game thread until POST game.
;)

Reply #11
...and this is why we don't start the post game thread until POST game.
;)

How did we go?  ;D

I'll lock it until after the game...someone will have to remind me to re-open it ;)

Reply #12
Post game thread is open :D

Reply #13
We played so very smart wet weather football. Never thought we had that type of smarts in us..lol.

Reply #14
No more white on the monogram please..lol.