Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 7: pre game protestations Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 39850 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 Rd 7: pre game protestations Carlton vs Collingwood

The Meat Pies are playing Geelong this afternoon. They then have 6 days until we greet them at the MCG next Saturday.
I hope we give them the sort of reception that becomes a Pie Eating Competition!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2017 Rd 7: pre game protestations Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
We will sack Buckley :))

Reply #2
We will sack Buckley :))

Would help if Geelong play some decent footy and not be 19pts behind.

Reply #3
If the Filth play like this (ie v the Pussies) and we play like we did yesterday, should be a cracker.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
Could've if they didn't get up against the pussy cats.

Still reckon them losing to a young rebuilding arch rival will be a bitter pill
for them to swallow.  Also it's their 125 year celebration match so the after party will be flat we we get them.

Supporters wanting Buckleys blood will very quickly forget last weeks win if we get the points and Buckley will again be in the firing line.

Having said that I think they will give it all to get the win against us and we will need to play our best footy to have a chance. Not so confident next week as I was this week.

Reply #6
I don't want to say it... and I don't really care of the repercussions of reports an fines but if there was a line in sand game - this is it...I mean harrassment, brawls... require this game to be a fight more than football. This teams needs to draw a line in the sand that will not accept bruise free footy

Reply #7
I don't want to say it... and I don't really care of the repercussions of reports an fines but if there was a line in sand game - this is it...I mean harrassment, brawls... require this game to be a fight more than football. This teams needs to draw a line in the sand that will not accept bruise free footy

::)

I think your post belongs in 2015  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8

Is this a serious post?

Reply #9
::)

I think your post belongs in 2015  ;)
or 1984
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #10
Collingwood, please, please select Mason Cox.  It is always handy to play against 21 players rather than 22. 

Reply #11
Them winning today was much better for our chances next week than them losing.

They have actually played ok for most of the year, just have missed too many opportunities and then fallen over.

There is less pressure,  but the expectation will be that they can and will likely account for us easily enough.

Which is exactly what we need for them to underestimate our chances.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12

I think ACoS made the backline stand taller, a lot of the performance we saw from Docherty and Simpson came of the back of the lift they got knowing someone's got their back. They had confidence to attack the footy, and confidence to leave their opponent.

It's amazing the difference just one extra experienced player makes!

The whole team benefited from that!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Reckon jones for sos as the only chance this week. If he is used in similar capacity to the bullants I think he will give kruezer a better chop out than meat and will give grundy something to think about as both he and kruezer can hit the scoreboard when resting forward.

Reckon casboult will be given license to jump at everything up forward which is what we need. When he is rucking we lack the get out kick so if he stays in and around the fed 50 we are far more dangerous

Reply #14
I think ACoS made the backline stand taller, a lot of the performance we saw from Docherty and Simpson came of the back of the lift they got knowing someone's got their back. They had confidence to attack the footy, and confidence to leave their opponent.

It's amazing the difference just one extra experienced player makes!

The whole team benefited from that!
Like ....thumbs up emo
2024... Moir of the same to come