Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW List Changes (Read 12560 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW List Changes

Reply #30
Did it identify the player and what club was involved?
Does the player have an elite backgound in another sport?

Canberra footballer Hannah Mouncey wants to become the first transgender player in the AFLW, with the 27-year-old set to declare for the draft in October.

Mouncey stands at 190cm and played in the Australia handball team which tried to qualify for the Rio Olympics, before beginning hormone treatment almost two years ago.

This a an Ex.Olympian who is undergoing gender re-assignment, that is what I feared and it would be very wrong and unfair for Chiocci and others!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
I suppose a lot on here predicted it, but the news that recently retired Sharni Layton is thinking of entering the AFLW just highlights the big problem a lot of other females sports are going to have retaining players.

Just speculation, but if AFLW did not exist would Layton have announced a retirement?

Was that retirement encouraged by an AFLW team, the AFLW, the AFL, or is it due to the lack of income available to the netball players?

I feel sorry for some of the other sports, AFLW is already passing them just based on the AFL's spare change!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
I suppose a lot on here predicted it, but the news that recently retired Sharni Layton is thinking of entering the AFLW just highlights the big problem a lot of other females sports are going to have retaining players.

Just speculation, but if AFLW did not exist would Layton have announced a retirement?

Was that retirement encouraged by an AFLW team, the AFLW, the AFL, or is it due to the lack of income available to the netball players?

I feel sorry for some of the other sports, AFLW is already passing them just based on the AFL's spare change!

First the players weren't getting paid enough.

Now they are getting paid too much that other sports are suffering.

Slow news day?