Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20: Post Game Palaver: Carlton vs Essendon. (Read 16147 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 20: Post Game Palaver: Carlton vs Essendon.

Is it over yet? It will be by the time I drive home!
Enjoy!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 20: Post Game Palaver: Carlton vs Essendon.

Reply #1
I love Simpson probably more than any other Carlton player but he's done. Father time has caught up with him and he needs to retire.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
Weitering is horribly out of form and needs a rest or a spell in the reserves.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3
Thought Murphy had his best game for a while and Boekhorst actually showed something.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #4
I love Simpson probably more than any other Carlton player but he's done. Father time has caught up with him and he needs to retire.

I was thinking much the same. If Bolts is fair dinkum, this is when a tap on the shoulder needs to happen.

Reply #5
I'm not a fan of Pickett but he showed something today... not much only glimpses but a Green Shoot for me ......

Farrrrk we blew it............ GRRRRR
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #6
we cough the ball up way too easily and way too often. Guys like murphy snd simmo front and centre sadly.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #7
A very disappointing result in the end although Sellers seemed to be impressed with the way we largely closed down the Bummers after Q1. I have not seen the game myself yet.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8
CheatsFC would have lost to 16 other teams today, they played the only team that could save the game for them despite all the opportunities they wasted!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
Tipungwuti scored 144 supercoach points from just 16 disposals. That is a serious impact player right there.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #11
Sadly I think you're right.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #12
Sadly I think you're right.

x3, doesnt really defend so he has to be rebounding well and hitting targets but has been off the last few weeks.
Weitering the same ...first half not bad but second half didnt want to get too close to Hooker who monstered him.....needs some more kgs to handle KP players down back.

Reply #13
A very disappointing result in the end although Sellers seemed to be impressed with the way we largely closed down the Bummers after Q1. I have not seen the game myself yet.
I watched it, yes we shut down their run after qtr time but they over ran us. Alot of our blokes were out on their feet. We also haven't learnt yet when to pull the trigger and take chances.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #14
Agree on Murphy...Boekhorst just doesnt grab me at all....

Nor me.
Our four inclusions didn't have any real impact, our lack of depth continues to be a serious problem.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.