Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton 2017 - Review (Read 14455 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton 2017 - Review

Reply #75
Lods I think there's a few players who seem to be on the up. Ed, Kerridge, and Lamb have improved in specific areas. Jones and Pickett, for different reasons, have shown development across several areas. Those few come to mind, but there are probably others. Actually Boekhurst might be another.

I think Cunningham too.
I'm not saying there aren't improvements in certain aspects...I'm just challenging the generalisation that our developmental programs are "much improved", because I think it's too early to make those assertions.
What we need to see is significant and sustained improvement before we can say our developmental programs are much better....and it's probably a judgement that needs another 12 months.
Those green shoots need to grow a bit stronger and thicker.

More Charlie Curnows in 2018 and fewer second and third year blues.

Reply #76
I think Cunningham too.
I'm not saying there aren't improvements in certain aspects...I'm just challenging the generalisation that our developmental programs are "much improved", because I think it's too early to make those assertions.
What we need to see is significant and sustained improvement before we can say our developmental programs are much better....and it's probably a judgement that needs another 12 months.

It';s too early to tell =- if all these blokes mentioned become established (and regularly decent, good or better) AFL players well there's your answer.

2018 will reveal a lot!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #77
I think Cunningham too.

I'd happily take a team full of Curnowfides'.

I think the 'improvement' is more of an effort/team thing, rather than individuals.
Running both ways, putting on that extra block. All the 1%'s.