Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Pre Game Thread: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 18575 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Pre Game Thread: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #15
The Hawks were a real test and far more of a bogey side than the Swans.

i think we can match it very well with them.....

In one respect it's a nightmare for the Fluffy Ducks coming up against a side with nothing to lose. Has the makings of a very close, dour encounter. Our BEST matches it with them.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
The Hawks were a real test and far more of a bogey side than the Swans.

i think we can match it very well with them.....

Do it right and we can beat them. I saw the Hawks do it a couple of weeks ago. We need to strangle them out of the stoppages and limit mistakes that they will quickly and ruthlessly capitalise on, as is their style. All out tackling/harassment pressure on them is also key.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
Does SOJ have a hairline jaw fracture?? Had scans.  If he has, leave him out.

Reply #18
Does it help that we were the 2nd last side to beat them?..lol.

Reply #19
Swans don't like our (and the Hawks) keepings off style. Harder to do at the SCG though.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #20
Does SOJ have a hairline jaw fracture?? Had scans.  If he has, leave him out.

Didnt play that well vs the Hawks and Luke Hodge actually ran away from him so I figured he must have some problem..

Reply #21
Does it help that we were the 2nd last side to beat them?..lol.

No doubt. Hmmm probably gives us a sizeable 0.00008% advantage ;)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #22
Didnt play that well vs the Hawks and Luke Hodge actually ran away from him so I figured he must have some problem..

In sympathy??
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #23
I'm heading out for the game.
I am worried it could possibly be the first million point defeat in AFL/VFL history.
Every chance it may turn that ugly for us.
However, I literally had a tear in my eye after last Saturday's game, so I couldn't resist the opportunity to be there when I am wrong.

Reply #24
I heard roos on a press conference.

I am extremely worried that they will touch us up.

Roos was asked if they would see this match as a chance to boost percentage and he responded that they're just focused on winning the game.

Sounded like he was very aware of what they are up against and what needs to be done to win.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #25
The last 7 times we have played in Sydney [Swans & GWS] we have been beaten - have to go back 6 years ago in the wet on a Friday night when Judd starred for me to sing the song. I've sat through all of them.

This should be a good game as we have played pretty well the last 2 times we played them, and hopefully the boys are confident after last week. Reckon there will be 40k in attendance.

I am taking my 7 yo son [who is still to see them win live] and we have managed to score tickets into the rooms from a family friend who is a dual Blues premiership player who we will be attending with. Can't wait for Saturday and posting about the experience.

Buddy on Jones will be intriguing. The Reid and Rohan match ups for us are the worry, as is our depth in the midfield. Going to need huge games from Gibbs, Murphy and Kerridge to be any chance. Reckon Cunningham may get a run for Smedts or SOJ to add some more midfield run.

Reply #26
I remember that night well.
I scored a high five from Juddy after the game, and Eddie Betts handed me a towel that the guys gave to supporters post match.

Reply #27
I'm heading out for the game.

I am taking my 7 yo son [who is still to see them win live] and we have managed to score tickets into the rooms from a family friend who is a dual Blues premiership player who we will be attending with. Can't wait for Saturday and posting about the experience.

I hope the boys give you plenty to cheer about!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
I heard roos on a press conference.

I am extremely worried that they will touch us up.

Roos was asked if they would see this match as a chance to boost percentage and he responded that they're just focused on winning the game.

Sounded like he was very aware of what they are up against and what needs to be done to win.

The Hawks beat them a few weeks back....

blues by 20.
Finals, then 4 in a row!