Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 66426 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #315
I'd be gob-smacked if Kennedy and Dow are the only two débutantes, I'd expect Garlett to also get a run assuming the injury reports are accurate.

Yep, agree. Especially with Pickett going down. I watched the replay (v Dawks JLT) again yesterday and wouldn't be surprised if O'Brien get a gig as well, especially with Cuningham being disappointing again (poor tackles, fades in and out and craps trou under pressure). He'd be a long shot though.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #316
I won't be surprised if Mullett gets a run against Richmond, we need pace in the defensive 50 and he has it

Admittedly I've never watched him play, but comments on here suggest he's not really defensively minded.

Reply #317
I won't be surprised if Mullett gets a run against Richmond, we need pace in the defensive 50 and he has it

From what i saw of him, he struggles to find a bloke wearing the same coloured jumper! No good being quick if you hand it back to the opposition.

Reply #318
I actually thought he was ok in the 2nd JLT game. I just think the way they score is with pace and pressure in the forward line, to combat that you need pace and smarts, we have the smarts but I'm not sure we have the pace

Reply #319
There's pace of player then there's pace of ball movement....i think the Tigers are more about the latter than the former....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #321
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/everyone-wants-a-piece-of-the-tigers-20180319-p4z52m.html
nice article, here’s hoping the boys get a piece of em.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #322
pure fluff. ::) ::) ::)

Bring on the bloody footy!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #323
I actually thought he was ok in the 2nd JLT game. I just think the way they score is with pace and pressure in the forward line, to combat that you need pace and smarts, we have the smarts but I'm not sure we have the pace

He was OK in the 2nd game.
He was absolutely woeful in the first game.

Reply #324
Yep, agree. Especially with Pickett going down.

I would be astonished if he does play.  His sum total of senior football over the last couple of years is 17 with the  Gold Coasters in 15 and 16, WAFL in 2017 and half a JLT game.  Not the greatest preparation for a high pressure Round 1 AFL clash.

Reply #325
i guess it comes down to how the Club rates him.

SPS played Rd 1 last year - with great success - without any JLT time?

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #326
When are the teams named?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #327
The good ol day, Hotcox. Gozza and Bluesgirl and the blond from Barossa who came all the way over to see her fav who was promptly dropped.  :)

Reply #328
The good ol day, Hotcox. Gozza and Bluesgirl and the blond from Barossa who came all the way over to see her fav who was promptly dropped.  :)

That would be Carolyn; she organised a catch up at Darklands and I got to meet Cookie, Bluesgirl and someone else - whose name escapes me.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #329
That would be Carolyn; she organised a catch up at Darklands and I got to meet Cookie, Bluesgirl and someone else - whose name escapes me.

I remember that day! I think the other person was Age? It's amazing - would have sworn it was at the G?
Reality always wins in the end.