Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW Round 6: Carlton vs Melbnourne at Ikon Park (Read 5185 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW Round 6: Carlton vs Melbnourne at Ikon Park

Reply #15
Yep
Davey is a great player...but no player can make that much of  a difference.

I’m not sure that I entirely agree with that.  The loss of Davey really upset our structure and the short season doesn’t give teams the opportunity to recover from the loss of a key player.  We also lost other players to concussion and other injuries ... and we lost our coach for a while.

However, we need to get a decent running coach to get the players able to match the foot speed of other teams.  We also need to work out how to get the best out of Harris and Vescio.  The latter, in particular, spends too much time cooling her heels in the hope that the ball will get to her.  And we need more midfield grunt!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16
Easily the greatest disappointment of the summer is how our gals have performed. Promised so much and have delivered so little. You can't help but suspect there are big problems behind the scenes... we've got enough talent on the paddock but not performing to anywhere near potential.

Game plan was totally based on defensive crowding and the AFL put a stop to that - it was downhill from there.

Also nowhere near enough pace and those that have it are real lightweights.

Reply #17
Losing Jakobson from last year was a big loss, she was very underrated.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
Game plan was totally based on defensive crowding and the AFL put a stop to that - it was downhill from there.

It was downhill well before that from all the noise behind the scene? List manager gone, Coach should follow.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #19

Said similar last week.

Our downfall coincided with Davey going down, and the AFL 'strongly suggesting' that we don't flood. You lose your best backman, (the competitions best backman?) and you can't flood back to help out? Not going well.

Of course the coach ending up in hospital at the same time. The perfect storm?

We are starting to see some of the new breed come on. Been talking up Georgia Gee and every week she comes on a bit more and puts in a PB to that point. She is the #1 girl that fits the mould of pace, but lightweight. Commentators suggested she is only 47kg. Makes Kade simpson look like plugger!

Reply #20
BTW, i would have to suggest that the commentating for this game was the worst i've ever heard.

A lot of people will give Hardimann BOG. Which she may or may not have earned on her own right, but when you have Kelli Underwood calling Kate Gillespie-Jones nothing but Hardimann all game, that will just about ensure she gets BOG.

On no less than 5 occassions she made that mistake.

She also stuffed up Georgia Gee, as Sophie Li on at least 2 occassions if not more.

Not only was it the wrong call, it was not picked up on by any of the other commentating team and corrected.

I thought the umpiring was pretty bad too, but there was daylight between that and the commentators. Ugh!

Reply #21
BTW, i would have to suggest that the commentating for this game was the worst i've ever heard. Absolutely agree

A lot of people will give Hardimann BOG. Which she may or may not have earned on her own right, but when you have Kelli Underwood calling Kate Gillespie-Jones nothing but Hardimann all game, that will just about ensure she gets BOG. Kelli has been disappointing and annoying but this week she was crap