Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 10: Pre Game Irritation: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 23637 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 10: Pre Game Irritation: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #120
Kruezer should dominate Stanley in the ruck but I expect Stanley to trouble us up forward...seen him play on Weitering and our man couldnt go with him.

Weitering has only played against Geelong twice, and only once against Geelong with Stanley, in a game we won scoring more than 100 pts. Weitering was injured in the 1st Qtr and played out the game strapped up, Stanley only scored 1 goal!

In the other game Hawkins tore Jones a new one, that was the game Dangerfield slung Kreuzer and got banned! Maybe that is why he potted the Curnow's in return? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #121
Looking at the team I won't be surprised to find this is the week we see Jones get a run in the ruck.

Should be fine and dry Saturday night, expect Dangerfield to tunnel a few talls and be given a free kick for obstruction of whatever rule benefits him! ;)

I'd run Lamb on Ablett to keep Geelong distracted.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #122
Touhy is another one we can exploit,  looks like Tarzan,  plays like Jane and craps himself if he gets caught one out against a marking player.   Very loose as well.

Harry T.  needs manning up or he'll take 15 intercept marks.  Our Harry can go with him, run him around and blow him up,  he can't be match fit.

Hawkins either kicks six or doesn't front up.  Starve him and he won't be a factor.

Like you EB,  I'm worried about the second tier players
such Duncan,  Menegola,  Parfitt etc.  Too big,  strong and fast for our blokes.

Ed can take down the ducker,  the one in the best form of the three.  Beat him and we're half way there.   Run Kerridge against Danger and whomever on Ablett (Cunners or Daisy?)
  Make them reactive and tag Cripper.  If we win enough clearances,  starve them and make them respond to us for once. If the other Selwood plays on Cripper everyone must help him out.

Would have played Graham myself.  Kind of game he could be useful in.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #123
PS: His DE% was only 57%, that might be the real cause, ;) something I had forgotten about his game! I recall him missing targets last season by 15m when he was only kicking from 30m under no pressure!

He hit up Lamb on the lead very nicely but earlier on he sent a long ball in which gave McKay no chance and was an uncontested Melbourne mark.
He was a bit stiff to be dropped this time but overall he's a very limited footballer.
There aren't too many top midfielders taken at pick 50 odd.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #124
Touhy is another one we can exploit,  looks like Tarzan,  plays like Jane and craps himself if he gets caught one out against a marking player.   Very loose as well.

Harry T.  needs manning up or he'll take 15 intercept marks.  Our Harry can go with him, run him around and blow him up,  he can't be match fit.

Hawkins either kicks six or doesn't front up.  Starve him and he won't be a factor.

Like you EB,  I'm worried about the second tier players
such Duncan,  Menegola,  Parfitt etc.  Too big,  strong and fast for our blokes.

Ed can take down the ducker,  the one in the best form of the three.  Beat him and we're half way there.   Run Kerridge against Danger and whomever on Ablett (Cunners or Daisy?)
  Make them reactive and tag Cripper.  If we win enough clearances,  starve them and make them respond to us for once. If the other Selwood plays on Cripper everyone must help him out.

Would have played Graham myself.  Kind of game he could be useful in.
Harry T is said to be doubtfull.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #125
He hit up Lamb on the lead very nicely but earlier on he sent a long ball in which gave McKay no chance and was an uncontested Melbourne mark.
He was a bit stiff to be dropped this time but overall he's a very limited footballer.
There aren't too many top midfielders taken at pick 50 odd.

Yes, at pick 52 we did ok to get what we did as, while there's been some great later pick, most are usually delisted by now. Good for depth when we have a near full side out there but was unlucky this week to get dropped. There was worse.

Reply #126
Yes, at pick 52 we did ok to get what we did....

He's nothing flash but he's a better player than Kane Lucas.  ;D
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #127
He's nothing flash but he's a better player than Kane Lucas.  ;D

Lucas was actually pretty smooth and skilful IMO. Gave the impression that he believed his skill would carry the day and he didn't really need to try. Basically a lifestyle footy player.

Reply #128
Looking at the team I won't be surprised to find this is the week we see Jones get a run in the ruck.

Should be fine and dry Saturday night, expect Dangerfield to tunnel a few talls and be given a free kick for obstruction of whatever rule benefits him! ;)

I'd run Lamb on Ablett to keep Geelong distracted.

Thanks sandra...

Half our interchange bench might change your opinion.

Just throwing it out there, Jones to be used as 2nd ruck.

;)

Reply #129
Not sure why we aren't playing 2 rucks? We are bottom of the ladder and should be developing for the future.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #130
Lucas was actually pretty smooth and skilful IMO. Gave the impression that he believed his skill would carry the day and he didn't really need to try. Basically a lifestyle footy player.

His foot skills were worse than Graham's and he got less of the ball, he was marginally better than Bootsma.

Reply #131
His foot skills were worse than Graham's and he got less of the ball, he was marginally better than Bootsma.

Is there more than 1 Kane Lucas ?

Reply #132
Is there more than 1 Kane Lucas ?

Fun fact.
As of today Graham and Lucas have played the same number of senior games for Carlton.

Reply #133
Fun fact.
As of today Graham and Lucas have played the same number of senior games for Carlton.

Yes, that is certainly a fun fact.

Lucas suffered some injuries in his first few seasons with us -  he hardly played in 2010, 11 and 12. Rather hard to get any sort of traction or momentum under such circumstances I would have thought.

I have no special emotional attachment to Lucas, but he was certainly more skilled than Graham or Bootsma.

Reply #134
Yes, that is certainly a fun fact.

Lucas suffered some injuries in his first few seasons with us -  he hardly played in 2010, 11 and 12. Rather hard to get any sort of traction or momentum under such circumstances I would have thought.

I have no special emotional attachment to Lucas, but he was certainly more skilled than Graham or Bootsma.

We'll have to agree to disagree.