Skip to main content
Topic: What's your worst nightmares?  (Read 8274 times) previous topic - next topic

What's your worst nightmares?

Well? 

Or should this thread be called 'Worst Nightmares with Gozza'?  ;D

Interesting to gauge thoughts on this anyway. And yes, we can tell it's the off-season. 

Go.  :D

Re: What's your worst nightmares?

Reply #1
One of my worst nightmares was around 25 to 30 years ago if not more. I had this dream the Carlton was playing North Melbourne and I was a Blues player on the field. They basically had a ball up in the centre of the ground and with seconds a goal was kicked soaring over my head at full back. This kept going for the entire game and when I looked at the scoreboard we lost by around 120 points. This was mid week. It turned out that Carlton got completely flogged by North that following weekend. I remember winning $5 in a bet at school from this game and everyone thought I was a complete knob for betting on the Roos against my own side.

It was so vivid in my mind as a dream that I really felt like it would really happen. When I told everyone it was a nightmare that made me take the bet, everyone thought I was full of crap.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #2
Recurring nightmare, Carlton fails to play finals. Afterall, its our god given right to play em and win em yeah?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
Carn guys. Sure losing a game of footy sucks, but I'm talking about what would be your absolute very worst nightmare? 

Mine is those around me all dying. Or as for the 'dream' factor, I once had one where all me mates buried me alive. Was farked. Never been so glad to wake up.

Reply #4
6 October 1990.

No good can come out of days like that.

Reply #5
Well Gozz if you are going to put it that way I have memories of Ash Wednesday and Black Saturday with the huge bushfires in Victoria. Years apart, but both having devastating results. Of all tragedies I cannot imagine the fear of being burn't to death, or even imagine the pain. I had a 3rd degree burn on my foot and another time on my forearm. I have never experienced pain as intense as a major burn. I just don't understand how people could light fires to get a thrill. Imagine their family members were involved in such a situation.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #6
Once some c*** tried to belt me from behind in the city, luckily I absorbed it, and smashed the prick and all his teeth went down his throat (figuratively speaking, of course). Farking gutless arsehole. Saw on the news a few weeks back some poor bugger was killed from a king hit and the offender got a pissy sentence. The clown that did it to me didn't get one...dished it out myself. But copping a hit from behind and carking it is one of my worst nightmares.

Reply #7
I once dreamt that I was shot in the throat and was lying in a lane with blood pumping out of my neck.  I could feel my life ebbing away and died in my dream.  The funniest part was how calm I was as I was bleeding to death.  The bloke who shot me had a pistol and I thought he couldn't possibly manage a hit at the range I was from him.

It was a relief when I woke up and discovered that I was alive and kicking  :)

I believe it is quite unusual to die in a dream.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Did you know the bloke who shot you in your dream? Was he familiar to you? 

I might actually have a farked dream tonight...I'm about plastered!!  ;D 

Reply #9
No, it was just a random bloke, one of several I was beating the crap out of until he pulled the gun.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
I once dreamt that I was shot in the throat and was lying in a lane with blood pumping out of my neck.  I could feel my life ebbing away and died in my dream.  The funniest part was how calm I was as I was bleeding to death.  The bloke who shot me had a pistol and I thought he couldn't possibly manage a hit at the range I was from him.

Nuh. Dying in a dream, generally, is about change and far from unusual... out with the old, in with the new.... the unconscious is a weird dude.

We love the GozzMan but don't get sucked into his drunken world of really weird stuff...

GozzMan... here is the ultimate challenge - go 1 week without the booze. Bet you can't do it... bet you fold...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11

Nuh. Dying in a dream, generally, is about change and far from unusual... out with the old, in with the new.... the unconscious is a weird dude.

We love the GozzMan but don't get sucked into his drunken world of really weird stuff...

GozzMan... here is the ultimate challenge - go 1 week without the booze. Bet you can't do it... bet you fold...

I'll do it. Standing on my head with my arms tied behind my back and my testicles being yanked by Tony F**king Abbott whike being serenaded by Barbara f**king Streisand.  ;D

Reply #12

I'll do it. Standing on my head with my arms tied behind my back and my testicles being yanked by Tony F**king Abbott whike being serenaded by Barbara f**king Streisand.  ;D

I'll take that as a 'not ready yet'... :)

So, again, I issue the challenge. GozzMan... go 1 week without booze... starting (obviously), tomorrow. Bet you can't. In fact, I know you can't.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #13

Clay, I think you have been watching too much Son of Anarchy!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
I rarely have a nightmare, but if I do it is usually one of three that are apparently quite common.

1: The old falling down through the sands "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" style (The Original)!

2: A bear, leopard or some other dark colored hard to see at night carnivore is trying to break into the house or room to attack me.

3: I am being pursued by a car or truck trying to run me down, like in the 1971 movie Duel!

I use to think the dreams were because of movies I had watched, but I was at a party one day and "a shrink" told me they were very common and that those movie scenes were made based on the common dream not the other way around!
The Force Awakens!