Skip to main content
Topic: Cripps on the couch (Read 14845 times) previous topic - next topic

Cripps on the couch

Patty coming on now

Re: Cripps on the couch

Reply #1
Hope he says he is resigning a 6 year extension.

Reply #2
Said he loves the joint, been here through some tough times and definitely wants to be here when we improve
Said they will have some discussion with SOS at the end of the year.
Farking gem

Reply #3
Crippa's a ripper. No doubt about it. Love to see him wearing navy with a premiership medal around his neck.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #4
Only a matter of time.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5
Marry me Crippa ;D As I have said, strong character with old school values, leadership personified. Not going anywhere.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
Have been sold on Crippa's character from his first pre season not from my own experience but a friend of mine in Gippsland. My friend is heavily involved in one of the leagues down there and they had a season launch in which a few Blues boys were there. Crippa was just in  was plonked on my friends table along with one Josh Bootsma. My friend could not have been more impressed by Crippa's respect in general, respect for the women on the table including his wife, his attitude, and the fact he made an effort to talk to each member of the table individually which was the complete opposite of Bootsma who offered nothing. 

Reply #9
Very, very impressive interview. Bravo Crippa... wrapped he loves Melbourne (translated - got a girlfriend here and she's a Melbournian... me: ' now get married and have lots of kids, girls and boys to fill our future teams').

Quality person is our Crippa. Also really impressed with the interviews I've heard from the Doc... can't go wrong with these two front and centre for the Captaincy... gotta be both, can't separate them.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
The more I think about it - in the instance of Cripps and the Doc - co Captains might be best.

Don't want to piss either of them off by not giving them the gig....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #11
The more I think about it - in the instance of Cripps and the Doc - co Captains might be best.

Don't want to piss either of them off by not giving them the gig....

They both have captaincy written into their DNA.  Murphy is done.  Cripps should be given the nod now, that's just how good he is.  Reminds me a lot of Johnston

Reply #12
Cripps has to be captain IMO , he will be the peoples choice......no player is bigger than the club but Cripps has closed the gap.....

Reply #13
Cripps has to be captain IMO , he will be the peoples choice......no player is bigger than the club but Cripps has closed the gap.....

But would that annoy Doc to the point where he wants out sooner than later?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #14
Cripps hasn't enough AFL experience in my opinion and hasn't yet delivered to his full potential.

If he was hitting the scoreboard regularly, if he was more efficient with his ball use, that is if he had more than one trick to his bow, then I'd be more confident of him as a captain.

In two or three years Cripps could be, but for me right now it's still the Doc.
The Force Awakens!