Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 25670 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #120
...and he had 10 times as many critics as anything we have......and you might say ours are justified.

Big difference.

All we have to do is try and people are happy.
He was accused of trying too hard!

I accept your point, but it's doesn't answer the question, where is our invisible executive branch?

FMD, I suspect if Tom Elliott marches his army into Princes Park on Monday morning he'll probably find a ghost town with a note that reads Finders Keepers!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #121
I accept your point, but it's doesn't answer the question, where is our invisible executive branch?

No it doesn't answer your question, the post before you decided to sidetrack it does.

They are keeping their heads down and trying not to draw attention to the club at present.
Anything they come out and say will have the opposite effect. It will lead to further criticisms.

Don't feed the fire.

Reply #122
There’s one thing - and one thing only - that will shut the media harpies up. Winning. The club knows this.

At the moment we have no voice or credibility and unfortunately we just have to grin and bear it.

Even when we get pulverized and bullied all night and yet the first hard tackle we lay gets pinged for being dangerous. Even when clear marks are disallowed. Even when the opposition handballs it directly out of bounds but the umpire is in the wrong spot to see. Even when every other club kicks out over the line in practically every game yet we get penalized twice in the one game.

Winning doesn’t just bring respect, it brings privileges.

True
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #123
No it doesn't answer your question, the post before you decided to sidetrack it does.

They are keeping their heads down and trying not to draw attention to the club at present.
Anything they come out and say will have the opposite effect. It will lead to further criticisms.

Don't feed the fire.

They are going to lose a whole generation of supporters, not my generation, but a future supporter base, they may as well shut up shop because it becomes just a matter of time!

I'm passionate because I've seen a number of Australian businesses try this head down tactic as a means to survival on the vicious international stage, all it did was open the door for their competitors and ensured their ultimate demise!

It's very naive to think there isn't a battle for the survival going on within and between AFL clubs, and that other clubs might well view our own downfall as a way of securing their own survival! Their are many who already think that with the expansion clubs the slices of the pie are too thin, and that the pie isn't capable of growing to a sustainable level.

Do you think Sheedy would blink twice at a bigger slice of the AFL pie for CheatsFC if it came from a Carlton evaporation? No doubt in public he'd say one thing, how bad it was for the game, how tragic for the fans, but privately he'd be heating things up to ensure it happened even faster.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #124
Whilst we are at it, sack captain Carlton and let's change from Nike to Adidas.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #125
Our real problem is green grass, we almost never win on green grass!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #126
Whilst we are at it, sack captain Carlton and let's change from Nike to Adidas.

And Alf the bootstudder!
How that Teflon coated numpty escapes criticism... I’d love to see the pics is all I can say !
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #127
They are going to lose a whole generation of supporters, not my generation, but a future supporter base, they may as well shut up shop because it becomes just a matter of time!

I'm passionate because I've seen a number of Australian businesses try this head down tactic as a means to survival on the vicious international stage, all it did was open the door for their competitors and ensured their ultimate demise!

It's very naive to think there isn't a battle for the survival going on within and between AFL clubs, and that other clubs might well view our own downfall as a way of securing their own survival! Their are many who already think that with the expansion clubs the slices of the pie are too thin, and that the pie isn't capable of growing to a sustainable level.

Do you think Sheedy would blink twice at a bigger slice of the AFL pie for CheatsFC if it came from a Carlton evaporation? No doubt in public he'd say one thing, how bad it was for the game, how tragic for the fans, but privately he'd be heating things up to ensure it happened even faster.

You're very naive if you think our CEO making a media statement will save a generation of supporters from leaving the club. Wins, nothing but wins will stop that.

Do i think that Sheedy.....
I don't give a flying rats tossbag what sheedy thinks, or anyone else in the media.

The time for talking is long passed. Talking offers ammunition to the media, and most of the time it infuriates our own supporters.
Keep your head down and focus on what the club can do to fix the problem we are in, and not what Sheedy or anyone else thinks.

Reply #128
You're very naive if you think our CEO making a media statement will save a generation of supporters from leaving the club. Wins, nothing but wins will stop that.

Do i think that Sheedy.....
I don't give a flying rats tossbag what sheedy thinks, or anyone else in the media.

The time for talking is long passed. Talking offers ammunition to the media, and most of the time it infuriates our own supporters.
Keep your head down and focus on what the club can do to fix the problem we are in, and not what Sheedy or anyone else thinks.

Thoughts become actions.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #129
Thoughts become actions.

So waste them on the media and not something that actually matters, like getting your clubs debt paid off and winning games of footy.

Good plan!

Reply #131
So now you’re a 1990’s personal motivation expert !  :o

Is it any worse than the Noughties feel good rubbish being served up now?

Apparently everyone can play nice and get a gold star for participation! ::)

Free form unstructured learning could certainly explain our game plan! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #132
I’m sure if you write a book you’ll get someone interested ????????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #133
I’m sure if you write a book you’ll get someone interested ????????

I'm sure someone genuinely interested would read the contents, and not just revert to personal sledging after reading the cover! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #134
I'm sure someone genuinely interested would read the contents, and not just revert to personal sledging after reading the cover! ;)

I’m the ceo that you have wet dreams about kido !
Two way street...
Let’s go BIG !