Skip to main content
Topic: Smith's Crew in SA (Read 78968 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Smith's Crew in SA

Reply #60
it sends such a terrible message to every  junior cricketer in the world.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #61
it sends such a terrible message to every  junior cricketer in the world.

Agreed, but by the same token the SA behaviour is deplorable, not that it's an excuse for Warner!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62
Agreed, but by the same token the SA behaviour is deplorable, not that is an excuse for Warner!

Officials wearing those Sonny Bill masks is deplorable IMO...the ICC should step in and read the riot act to both teams on this childish stuff.
Warner brings it on himself for sure but Saffies have continued it on and I wasnt impressed with Rabada's physical approach with Smith and he should be fined and spoken to.

Reply #63
Officials wearing those Sonny Bill masks is deplorable IMO...the ICC should step in and read the riot act to both teams on this childish stuff.
Warner brings it on himself for sure but Saffies have continued it on and I wasnt impressed with Rabada's physical approach with Smith and he should be fined and spoken to.

SA is a funny country, you go there on business and they think strip clubs are a great night out, it's like winding the clock back 3 or 4 decades!

EB1, do you see what I mean about the SA run rates? 74 overs, at 2.3, that is as bad as Boycott at his worst!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #64
x2. I cant believe the support this flog is getting. Having said that, the Aussie cricketers in general seem to be immune to criticism.

I was listening to SEN a day or two ago and the presenter was shocked that around 90% of callers/texters were critical of Warner’s behaviour.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #65
...but Kane Cornes is an opinionated flog with a hyperinflated idea about the value of his opinion to the rest of the human race.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #66
SA is a funny country, you go there on business and they think strip clubs are a great night out, it's like winding the clock back 3 or 4 decades!

EB1, do you see what I mean about the SA run rates? 74 overs, at 2.3, that is as bad as Boycott at his worst!

Fair call LP...the Saffies were very slow in making their runs and confirmed your opinions, most of the action in SA seems to be off the field in the stairwells ;)

Reply #67
...but Kane Cornes is an opinionated flog with a hyperinflated idea about the value of his opinion to the rest of the human race.

Agree...listening to him on trade radio was enough for me....Matthew Lloyd actually looked and sounded like a rational balanced individual in
comparison to KC...his brother was another clown..

Reply #68
I was listening to SEN a day or two ago and the presenter was shocked that around 90% of callers/texters were critical of Warner’s behaviour.
Wow!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #69
Back to the cricket...ABDevilliers has taken the Saffies to a decent lead , scored a very nice century( 100 of 118 balls) and we are struggling at 3 for 86.....Rabada bowled Warner with a peach and Smith cant seem to play left arm spin anymore and has fallen to Maharaj again.
Still about 50 behind so it aint looking flash....the whole Warner/DeKock saga seems to have fired the Saffies up and Rababa should be fined again after sending Warner off in a unpleasant manner...

Reply #70

Gee, really.

Think we know our cricketers are fair game and get knocked for the sake of it. You don't even bother asking callers opinions on a player as you know.the  results beforehand. Called tall poppy syndrome where envious callers who'll never be any good try to bring a tall poppy down. Going bad taking callers seriously.

If people are having a go at Warner for defending his family then there's something seriously wrong. Naturally no-one has a go at De Kock, the person in the wrong, because he's not Australian. Can only knock our own as That's our mentality..

Reply #71
Warner is a DH, fullstop.

Always has been, always will be....

The whole circus created by his inability to act like an adult has lead to our disastrous performance in Test 2.

He needs a holiday.  >:( >:(
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #72
Gee, really.

Think we know our cricketers are fair game and get knocked for the sake of it. You don't even bother asking callers opinions on a player as you know.the  results beforehand. Called tall poppy syndrome where envious callers who'll never be any good try to bring a tall poppy down. Going bad taking callers seriously.

If people are having a go at Warner for defending his family then there's something seriously wrong. Naturally no-one has a go at De Kock, the person in the wrong, because he's not Australian. Can only knock our own as That's our mentality..

Sounds like you need a holiday too!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #73
Yep, ABdeV showing what true class looks like, I've always thought he was never out of the argument as to no. 1. Smith's odd technique showing a chunk against LA orthodox spin.

I was pooh poohed pre series for suggesting Rabada to be a gun, should miss at least the next test which will give our blokes a chance to regroup.  The mop showed himself to be yet another left arm Mitch, bowling the odd jaffa amongst a sea of four balls.  Can't expect to win tests with a strike bowler going at four and not taking wickets.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #74
if i had been picking our team for the PE test, neither Bancroft, Waner nor Khawaja would have played.

Bancroft and Khawaja because they're both not up to it presently and enough is enough.

Warner because he is a right royal DH who behaviour disrupts the entire team....Smith should have given him a massive spray andstood him down not a pat on the back.

Again, bad bad captaincy from Smith (and no doubt the whole saga is affecting his form) let alone the fact that our top order is a joke.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!