Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 15: Pre Game Pressure: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 11042 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 15: Pre Game Pressure: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

I do not like Port. They will be a raging favourite, but I will be HAPPY if we can spoil their party.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 15: Pre Game Pressure: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #1
I do not like Port. They will be a raging favourite, but I will be HAPPY if we can spoil their party.
I would be happy if we can spoil any ones party ATM

Reply #2
My early prediction.

Out:
Kreuzer (ankle), Plowman (knee), OShea ($h!t), Thomas (Suspension)

In:
Phillips, Lang, McKay, Pickett

Injured: Not available for selection...(i believe)
Docherty, Williamson, A. Silvagni (season)
Kreuzer, Casboult, Plowman (AFL vs Collingwood)
LeBois, Schumacher, DeKoning (VFL vs Collingwood)
Murphy, Marchbank, Kerridge, Kerr, Byrne, Cuningham, Macreadie, Glass-McCasker
FYI, thats 18 injured players.

Fit but not picked...
OShea
Graham
Lobbe
Shaw
McDaid

Thats our entire list.

Basically pick 5 players who you don't want in the side. Everyone else plays.

Reply #3
My early prediction.

Out:
Kreuzer (ankle), Plowman (knee), OShea ($h!t), Thomas (Suspension)

In:
Phillips, Lang, McKay, Pickett

Injured: Not available for selection...(i believe)
Docherty, Williamson, A. Silvagni (season)
Kreuzer, Casboult, Plowman (AFL vs Collingwood)
LeBois, Schumacher, DeKoning (VFL vs Collingwood)
Murphy, Marchbank, Kerridge, Kerr, Byrne, Cuningham, Macreadie, Glass-McCasker
FYI, thats 18 injured players.

Fit but not picked...
OShea
Graham
Lobbe
Shaw
McDaid

Thats our entire list.

Basically pick 5 players who you don't want in the side. Everyone else plays.

Fair comments and like the ins...dont expect to win but reckon we can be competitive....Port have a good midfield and plenty of firepower down forward but their defense is iffy IMO and
Charlie, Harry and Pickett might cause them some headaches.....Gray will probably kick his usual 5 goals and the smash bros will be hard yakka in the middle but Port are either great or pathetic and maybe we can catch them in the latter mode...I hope...

Reply #4
Keep going this way and we'll soon be struggling to field a fit 22, irrespective of ability/form!  :o
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
Pickett may need another week in the 2's, just given the amount of footy he has missed.

So maybe we have to play Graham.

Simpson's 300th...

Reply #6
Pickett may need another week in the 2's, just given the amount of footy he has missed.

So maybe we have to play Graham.

Simpson's 300th...
Pickett kicked a couple of the 2's, but he cramped up badly in the last quarter and struggled to move. (It didn't stop him accelerating and making a great tackle in the last few moments, but you could see that he was having real trouble.) I'd give him another week: he was much improved.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Don't be surprised to see Murphy come up.

Best mates with Simmo- will want to play in this one.

And knowing our clubs history with picking guys not 100% ready they are unlikely to have the final say.

Reply #8
Pickett kicked a couple of the 2's, but he cramped up badly in the last quarter and struggled to move. (It didn't stop him accelerating and making a great tackle in the last few moments, but you could see that he was having real trouble.) I'd give him another week: he was much improved.

Fair point on Pickett, given Ports form we are probably looking down the barrel so I'd rather have Pickett up and running for games we have some chance of winning.....

Reply #9

Not a great sign for a bloke who was out injured with a thumb injury.

I would have thought he would have been cherry ripe to come back at least from a physical conditioning perspective.

All evidence points to our strength and conditioning team lacking something and might need a bit of a review.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #10
I'd get him in ASAP. Makes Garlett a better player too - the latter seems to be stuck in 2nd gear?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #11
I do not know what to make of SPS and Garlett, for indigenous players they are probably two of the worst crumbers in the AFL. At the weekend despite a lack of I50s we had plenty of opportunity to have small players front and square with few Collingwood defensive marks being taken, yet at ground level we had crickets chirping!

A lot of fans were big on Dow's last quarter, it's a great sign for the future, but he did feck all for the 3 quarters before that!

Probably O'Brien's worst game so far, might be time for a rest!

Disappointed for Poulson, but he should have been given a run weeks ago when he was actually in form, it's too late now he looks like a defeated individual. We are very good at breaking players, not much good at developing them it seems! We've left the fruit in the bowl too long, it's gone past cherry ripe to rotten!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Disappointed for Poulson, but he should have been given a run weeks ago when he was actually in form, it's too late now he looks like a defeated individual. We are very good at breaking players, not much good at developing them it seems! We've left the fruit in the bowl too long, it's gone past cherry ripe to rotten!

I really liked the endeavour of Poulson - thought he chased and tackled really well. I'd like to see him retain his spot

Reply #13
It's funny - when we have so many contributing so little - how can we expect to win games?

Polson, Lamb, O'Brien, O'Shea, Mullet, Garlett....and arguably SOJ too.

Given the two injuries, there half the team not chipping in!!

A bloke like Garlett - for example - has to nail those two goals - otherwise a waste of space....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #14
Murphy in, Polson out.

One obvious change for the better.
Finals, then 4 in a row!