Skip to main content
Topic: Smith's Crew in SA (Read 74139 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Smith's Crew in SA

Reply #105
The ICC is a morally corrupt entity.... Rabada is a serial offender and for the good of the game needed to be suspended.  Maybe for 1 match.  But to get off ??? FMD, does he have to kill somebody on field to get sanctioned?  What message is being delivered here?

No wonder Andrew Symonds left the game in disgust.  Seems to be different rules depending upon where players come from.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #106
I find it difficult to understand how Rabada could get off. he was clearly guilty and has a history that has nothing to do with playing Aussies.
There needs to be a real change in the process and penalties for this stuff. The present system is not working as it should. Rabada should have been suspended and he shouldn't be alone. Warner should have got a match. De Koch should have gone, and those 2 guys in Sri Lanka should have got multiple games.

This is what happens when you get lawyers involved in an area that is of no concern to them.  The ex-cricketer (Crowe) understands the game & the implications for this type of behaviour.  Lawyers have no place in making overriding decisions on sport related judgements.

And that includes Football.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #107
David Warner gets sledged over his wife's nocturnal activities whilst she was single and poor little Davey loses the plot.

Its amazing how he has been the prime driver of all things nasty onfield yet the moment it gets turned on him he sooks up.

He is everything that is wrong with Australian cricket right now (and has been for a few years now) and the sooner he gets relegated back to the 20/20 hits & giggles forever the better our game will be.

Agreed!

Aussie crowds adored Warne and McGrath "sending off" players for years and now we're sooking about it.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #108
As as I dislike McGrath and the NSW cricket mafia and their arrogance, they never resorted to physical contact of this nature....

Rabada should have gone - and he has serious history too!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #109
The ICC is a morally corrupt entity.... Rabada is a serial offender and for the good of the game needed to be suspended.  Maybe for 1 match.  But to get off ??? FMD, does he have to kill somebody on field to get sanctioned?  What message is being delivered here?

No wonder Andrew Symonds left the game in disgust.  Seems to be different rules depending upon where players come from.
I agree. There is no moral authority because the ICC are just an amoral mob looking out for their own interests.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #110
Yes, the ICC is a joke and this adds to a huge (in my mind) list of pandering to the self interest of countries that aren't Australia, England or New Zealand.

Reply #111
Yes, the ICC is a joke and this adds to a huge (in my mind) list of pandering to the self interest of countries that aren't Australia, England or New Zealand.
Need to get some aboriginals in our team quick smart!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #113
You can't say that..........!

ha, yeah on first glance that remark would seem inappropriate, even if it is close to the mark !

But, lets look into that one statement a little more.  In terms of participation & an untapped resource for Australian cricket, it is a statement that stacks up.  Indigenous kids are, almost without exception, heading to the 2 main football codes (AFL, Rugby League) & those two codes have benefited enormously from the pool of talent &  skills that they bring to both of those games.  Cricket is well & truly missing out.......as was the case for many years  in South Africa.  The local black population was always a huge un-tapped talent for cricket & I always thought that the Saffers had the potential to be the next fast bowling megapower (similar to the Windies) if even a little of that talent could be siphoned off from Soccer to Cricket in that Country.  We are are starting to see the results of that now ......even if their method (the quota system) is flawed & goes entirely against my grain.

It's probably even harder for cricket to capture the imagination of indigenous kids in this country, but its something they have to try to do if the game is to grow.  There have been & continue to be blokes with aboriginal heritage involved in cricket at the highest level (Gillespie, Darcy Short for starters), but no-where near enough.

Just my thoughts

cheers

Mal.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #114
Moving away from South Africa for a moment, England are 8/23 in the First Test in New Zealand.....lol!!!!!!

Reply #115
Moving away from South Africa for a moment, England are 8/23 in the First Test in New Zealand.....lol!!!!!!

aLL OUT 58.

NZ 1/8.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #117
ha, yeah on first glance that remark would seem inappropriate, even if it is close to the mark !

But, lets look into that one statement a little more.  In terms of participation & an untapped resource for Australian cricket, it is a statement that stacks up.  Indigenous kids are, almost without exception, heading to the 2 main football codes (AFL, Rugby League) & those two codes have benefited enormously from the pool of talent &  skills that they bring to both of those games.  Cricket is well & truly missing out.......as was the case for many years  in South Africa.  The local black population was always a huge un-tapped talent for cricket & I always thought that the Saffers had the potential to be the next fast bowling megapower (similar to the Windies) if even a little of that talent could be siphoned off from Soccer to Cricket in that Country.  We are are starting to see the results of that now ......even if their method (the quota system) is flawed & goes entirely against my grain.

It's probably even harder for cricket to capture the imagination of indigenous kids in this country, but its something they have to try to do if the game is to grow.  There have been & continue to be blokes with aboriginal heritage involved in cricket at the highest level (Gillespie, Darcy Short for starters), but no-where near enough.

Just my thoughts

cheers

Mal.

Many of the Aboriginal blokes I worked with were very keen cricketers but weren’t interested in anything above local club cricket.  I guess family and cultural issues may have played a part in that, as well as wanting to be ready for footy season.

It would be interesting to see how a Clontarf style cricket academy would go.  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #118
You can't say that..........!

I know, I was only half serious and the other half frustrated. We saw how contrived the ICC was when Symons was hung out to dry with the 'Monkey gate' saga, all we want is consistency. Aussies aren't angels and transgressed just as much as the Saffies in the 2nd test, Lyon dropping the ball near AB De Villiers was disgusting, should have been rubbed out for bringing the Australian sporting reputation into disrepute. Anyway should be interesting to watch the side show in the next test!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #119
Bancroft it appears will have something to answer for - ball tampering for one. I think they have him on video, the replay I saw seems to suggest he had some type of plastic guitar pick to rough up the ball.