Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues vs Werribee Sat 26th April (Read 7212 times) previous topic - next topic

Northern Blues vs Werribee Sat 26th April

Werribee Tigers vs. Northern Blues   
Saturday, April 26
Avalon Airport Oval at 7:00pm

Werribee Tigers
B:   Bolton   Wilson   Crichton
HB:   McMahon   Shinners   Wright
C:   McGenniss   Speight   Martyn
HF:   Hine   Warren   K.Harper
F:   Wood   Currie   Sherlock
R:   Reid   Moore   Gribble
Int:   Turner   Porter   Wormald    Buchanan   Laracy   B.Norris    Sharp*   Fairley   Sodomaco

Northern Blues
B:   Sheehan   Watson   Reynolds
HB:   McInnes   Giles   Bootsma
C:   Docherty   Graham   Armfield
HF:   Temay   Anthony   Holman
F:   Menzel   B. Johnson     Buckley
R:   Wood   Cachia   Cattapan*
Int:   Emley   Posar     Coulson    Murray   Wilson   T. Thomas    Bolger   Wilkinson   Dirago

I found this ironic: I am working at Werribee this term and just came home tonight. And the footy is being played there, while I am back in Bendigo!  ::) ::) ::)
Ah well, that is the way it goes!
This team is looking strong. Hopefully it can provide the performances we all want to see.
The worry for me is the ruck: yes, Wood is playing well and is not that far off senior football (amazing as I feel when I read what I write). However, there isn't much else there. If he goes down, the team is devoid of talls.
Not sure what we can do about this either. Unless the Preston people can recruit another decent ruckman. Nichevo. Hopefully this is a non existent issue.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Northern Blues vs Werribee Sat 26th April

Reply #1
Saturday, April 26
Avalon Airport Oval at 4:00pm

Werribee Tigers
B   Robinson   Mihocek   Laracy
HB   Fairley   Graham   Wormald
C   J.Harper   Hussey   Davis
HF   Sodomaco   Wales   Buchanan
F   B.Norris   Porter   Cameron
R   Stretton   King   Turner
Int   Burton   Dale   Boag
    Henderson   Iles   Taylor
    A.Brown   R.Norris   O'Shea
    Lang   Barnes   

Northern Blues
B:   Watson   Dirago   Callaway
HB:   McDonald   M. Gleeson   Johnston
C:   Emley   J. Gleeson   Posar
HF:   Murray   Bolger   Wilson
F:   Dorman   Kur   Couch
R:   Coulson   McCann   Tardio
Int:   Sutton   Evans   Dufficy    Haynes   M. Johnson   Yelland    Grgic     Toman   Curnow
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Saturday, April 26
Avalon Airport Oval at 7:00pm

Werribee Tigers
B:   Bolton   Wilson   Crichton
HB:   McMahon   Shinners   Wright
C:   McGenniss   Speight   Martyn
HF:   Hine   Warren   K.Harper
F:   Wood   Currie   Sherlock
R:   Reid   Moore   Gribble
Int:   Turner   Porter   Wormald    Buchanan   Laracy   B.Norris    Sharp*   Fairley   Sodomaco

Northern Blues
B:   Sheehan   Watson   Reynolds
HB:   McInnes   Giles   Bootsma
C:   Docherty   Graham   Armfield
HF:   Temay   Anthony   Holman
F:   Menzel   B. Johnson     Buckley
R:   Wood   Cachia   Cattapan*
Int:   Emley   Posar     Coulson    Murray   Wilson   T. Thomas    Bolger   Wilkinson   Dirago

I found this ironic: I am working at Werribee this term and just came home tonight. And the footy is being played there, while I am back in Bendigo!  ::) ::) ::)
Ah well, that is the way it goes!
This team is looking strong. Hopefully it can provide the performances we all want to see.
The worry for me is the ruck: yes, Wood is playing well and is not that far off senior football (amazing as I feel when I read what I write). However, there isn't much else there. If he goes down, the team is devoid of talls.
Not sure what we can do about this either. Unless the Preston people can recruit another decent ruckman. Nichevo. Hopefully this is a non existent issue.

Would have loved to have gone to this one, Capt. CRASH. But just too far for us.

Good to see Docherty in the side... must have been illness or similar that prevented his non appearance in the 2nd half of the last game.

Last week Coulson was used to help Wood in the ruck, he's a big boy but would struggle as the no. 1.

Last week was the 'break-out' game for Blain Johnson. He'd looked good previously but this time he took valuable grabs up forward and stamped himself on the game.

Den Den was really good last week so another good one and he'd have to be pressing for senior selection... as will Menzel if he plays as expected... likewise Graham, Cachia and Buckley. Really hope Reynolds, Giles, Sheehan and Holman.

Interesting no Cripps... week off, probably totally knackered. Good that we're looking after the kid.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3
@ Baggers and Crash, do either of you know if we'll play any televised games this year, hard for me to get to games because of work and will probably only be able to get the Box Hill or Casey games, which are towards the end of the season. We only really have one 1:00pm Saturday game this year on the 24th of may against the scum @ Windy Hill. That might be televised given the time, any other way to find out if we play on ABC at all. Cheers guys

Reply #4
There is one in the coming weeks.  I think its the day after we play the pies on Friday night.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
@ Baggers and Crash, do either of you know if we'll play any televised games this year, hard for me to get to games because of work and will probably only be able to get the Box Hill or Casey games, which are towards the end of the season. We only really have one 1:00pm Saturday game this year on the 24th of may against the scum @ Windy Hill. That might be televised given the time, any other way to find out if we play on ABC at all. Cheers guys
May 3rd, 1:10 PM at Preston City Oval, Northern Blues vs. Coburg.

This is the only certain TV game as yet for the year. There are chances of a couple of others, but I cannot guarantee we will appear any other time before the finals (assuming we get there). Not all that happy about this fact, but the ABC tends to make it its mind only a short time in advance. Then games get transferred as necessary to make it work out.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
@Thry and Crash, Thanks guys

Reply #7
2014 AFL Victoria Development League
Werribee Tigers   0.2  1.5  5.9  11.13 (79)
Northern Blues   4.3  6.8  7.11  7.11 (53)

No further details available.

2014 Peter Jackson VFL
Werribee Tigers   5.2  9.6  13.8  20.15 (135)
Northern Blues   1.4  1.6  2.12  3.15 (33)

Again, no further details available yet.

Has me scratching my head somewhat...
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
DISPOSALS: Cachia 27, Cattapan 20, Wilkinson 20, Graham 19, Docherty 16

GOALS: Wilson, Anthony, Reynolds

Info from twitter. Not a good day down at Werribee.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
Shizen Hausen!!!

GOALS:
Werribee Tigers: Wood 4 Warren 4 Shinners 3 Speight 2 Harper 2 Martyn  Laracy  Crichton  Bolton  Turner
Northern Blues: Reynolds  Wilson  Anthony

BEST:
Werribee Tigers: Crichton McGenniss Wood Warren Harper Wright
Northern Blues: Cachia Cattapan Armfield Wood Wilson Sheehan
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #10
Shizen Hausen!!!

GOALS:
Werribee Tigers: Wood 4 Warren 4 Shinners 3 Speight 2 Harper 2 Martyn  Laracy  Crichton  Bolton  Turner
Northern Blues: Reynolds  Wilson  Anthony

BEST:
Werribee Tigers: Crichton McGenniss Wood Warren Harper Wright
Northern Blues: Cachia Cattapan Armfield Wood Wilson Sheehan
Granted that there were quite a few changes, but this does make me scratch my head. Well, now to regroup and find something for our TV game next week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
2014 AFL Victoria Development League
Werribee Tigers   0.2  1.5  5.9  11.13 (79)
Northern Blues   4.3  6.8  7.11  7.11 (53)

No further details available.

2014 Peter Jackson VFL

Again, no further details available yet.

Has me scratching my head somewhat...

What!  :o :o ??? Glad I didn't go...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #12
Did Watto play in the 2nds??  :o

Sh1t... Things must be going bad for him.

Edit: My bad.. There's two of them..

Reply #13
http://northernbluesfc.com.au/news/369-nbfc-news-blues-come-crashing-down-at-avalon.html

Blues come crashing down at Avalon

by Kris Neil

The Northern Blues suffered their first loss of the season, demolished by a rampant Werribee Tigers by 102 points at Avalon Airport Oval on Saturday night.

A number of injuries to both the Carlton and Northern lists forced a raft of changes to the unbeaten side, with the Tigers taking full advantage of their depleted opponents.

Werribee made their intentions known from the outset of the contest, dominating early proceedings to lead by 29 points at the end of the first quarter.

The fast start was a sign of things to come for the Blues, who quickly found themselves facing an insurmountable lead at the midway point of the match.

The Tigers were relentless in their pressure around the ground all night, extending their margin in each quarter courtesy of goal streaks late in each term.

While the home side had stellar contributions across the board, Scott McMahon was a catalyst in repelling Northern’s forward attacks as the loose man in defence.

Ben Warren and Mason Wood (four goals each) were also instrumental for their side, finding space far too easily in their forward 50 to combine for eight goals on the night.

The continual space allowed in the opposition 50 was alarming for Northern, as the Tigers (92 uncontested marks to 57) converted 71 per cent of their inside 50 entries into scores.

There were few positives to take away from the game for the Blues.

Jaryd Cachia – who became a new father during the week - finished the game with a team-high 27 disposals including 10 hard ball gets to be Northern’s best player in the game.

Jack Anthony offered his midfield a leading option late in the game with three third quarter set shots, but could only convert on one of his chances to cap off a forgettable game in front of goal for his side.

Debutants Kyle Emley and Steve Murray battled hard all night, but struggled to work their way into the game in a baptism of fire in their first VFL game.

Cameron Wood also fought admirably against North Melbourne’s Daniel Currie who shared the spoils on 38 hit-outs apiece.

Speaking post-game, Wood said that it was a night his side would rather forget.

"It's one of those days in footy where you just want to put away and never touch again,” he said.

"You don't want to make excuses, but to have nearly six changes to the side of the past three weeks…it was an adjustment.

"We were well beaten in a lot of areas, but definitely the amount of ball they had with no pressure was a massive difference.”

Wood said his side would now have to quickly shift their focus onto their upcoming match in the Bell St Cup this Saturday.

"The good thing about footy is we've got a chance against Coburg at Preston City Oval next weekend to turn it around in front of a home crowd representing the Northern Blues."

The background to Saturday’s match is extra special, given the Northern Blues will be honouring the 30-year anniversary of Preston’s 1984 VFA Premiership.

NORTHERN BLUES                 1.4       1.6       2.12                    3. 15.  (33)
WERRIBEE TIGERS                 5.2       9.6       13.8                 20. 15. (135)

GOALS: Anthony, Reynolds, Wilson

BEST: Cachia, Cattapan, Armfield, Wood, Wilson, Sheehan

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson