Skip to main content
Topic: The Season Over Thread (Read 30629 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Season Over Thread

Reply #45
Season's over.

I'm pretty sure we play West Coast next weekend ;D

Well I guess it depends on what your definition of over is.

It's alive in terms of getting games into kids but that's about it but hope springs eternal and if you're a "while it's mathematically possible" type guy then I don't see an issue but we won't get there without someone shooting themselves in the foot.

If we win 2 out of every 3 games from here, we make finals. I don't think that is completely out of the realm of possibility.

Winning 66% of your games are what top 4 sides did last year, we're not there.

Reply #47
Since the current finals system has been in place apparently no side has ever made finals from 2-5 down.

We have to set a record to get to the eight, can we do it?

The Force Awakens!

Reply #48
Since the current finals system has been in place apparently no side has ever made finals from 2-5 down.

NO.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #49
No
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #50

No and it would do us a disservice to do so.

We need quality draft picks as this season is dead and buried.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #51
Seasons finished, back to the draft. Hopefully we can pick up a key position forward.

Reply #52
Seasons finished, back to the draft. Hopefully we can pick up a key position forward.

Who are the better players on the list in your opinion who shall take us further?

Hendo! Forward or Back?
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #53

Who are the better players on the list in your opinion who shall take us further?

Hendo! Forward or Back?
I prefer Henderson forward, but I don't think he can do it alone. Waite will be known as a never was, promised the world and has never really delivered. Levi can mark well and is a big boy but really needs someone to teach him to kick. Watson up back is still not there , bootsma won't ever get there.....So maybe we need a KP forward and back.

Reply #54
@ Morbria...

Do you think that Bootsma is really being developed as a KP though?
What does Watto bring to the table?
Into whom is MM moulding Levi?
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #55
@JUDD KREUZER

I think Levi is trying to be abit like the fev, but he can't kick. Bootsma not a KP but I don't even think he'll make it at afl level. Watson will be a good backman but still needs time, big body big boot. Gibbs can go at seasons end and sorry to say this but I would trade the injury prone kruzer while he still has value.

Reply #56
I doubt very much that MM is moulding Levi into Fev Morbria, but thank you for your candid response.

IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #57
I doubt very much that MM is moulding Levi into Fev Morbria, but thank you for your candid response.
I didn't say MM is moulding Levi into a fev, but I tkink Levi is trying to be a big power forward like the fev.
( Without the dummy spits.)

Reply #58
( Without the dummy spits.)

Not a trait normally associated with the great man. Would you care to elaborate?

I actually rate Fev as one of our greats. He did lose his way and that is well documented but he never disrespected his Carlton roots.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #59
Said this when after we just won our first match for the year and were 1-4

If we win 2 out of every 3 games from here, we make finals. I don't think that is completely out of the realm of possibility.

We have now won 4 from 5 and are ahead of schedule.  :)