Skip to main content
Topic: Round 16 - Blues vs Saints. Pre - Game Thread (Read 19944 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 16 - Blues vs Saints. Pre - Game Thread

Sunday 1pm at Etihad.

Surely a win against the bottom side, if not we will be equal last on the ladder with just % keeping us above a number of sides.

Keep playing the young lads Mick!

Re: Round 16 - Blues vs Saints. Pre - Game Thread

Reply #1
It'll be the wooden spoon play off!
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #2
Don't mind loosing every remaining game for season except this one. This is the mob I dislike most. This is a must win!!!!!!!!
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #3

That could be very close to the truth BMM!  >:(

We have to avoid that particular trophy at all costs.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4

Pick No. 1 ain't good enough for ya Cookie? :P
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #5
There are no positives, we are pathetic. last time I checked a loss is a loss and we have become the laughing stock of the competition. the sad and scarey thing is what separates us from the bottom is these teams that have all ready beaten us this year ?
not good , not good at all.
A coach that does not like the game, spoken like a man on the verge giving up or retiring.
A club that lacks a list and depth to match.
I looked at our entire list and thought to myself if these players went to Pies, Swans, Hawks or Cats. Would they even get a game in another side?
Very sad times , we have fallen upon dark days ....AGAIN !
I expect some flak over this .. but I love my club and this kills me

Reply #7
Don't care about the result, really I don't !!

With our season down the tube, the only thing we can get out of the year is the development of the younger guys in the hope that we can sell a future to our membership base next year.

I just want to see some changes at the selection table and I want to see the serial offenders from tonight dropped permanently. McLean & Carrazzo are the first two to go, Armfield is finished as well !!

I'm looking to the future, it is imperative that we give senior games to the young guys now who not only warrant them, but are physically capable of handling the rigours of the game.

Johnson looks like he may have a future, gave some glimpses tonight so reward that by keeping him in the team. Bring in Graham and anyone else who is fit and ready to play !!

We will lose this match, we've lost to every other team below us so we may as well complete the set.  :P

Happy to get a stronger draft position as a benefit.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #8

Exactamundo. Cooksta those days are long gone because in an 18 team comp you are rewarded for finishing last and no-one remembers the spoon winner they only remember who won the flag. For me, its a season wasted to finish 12th as opposed to 17th or 18th and I bet the MC agree.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #9
Not sure there is the cattle to bring up, but a few guys need time in the VFL: Armfield played probably his worst game for us and simply did not look interested; Broke McLean couldn't get near it; Menzel barely had a possession; Hendo was useless until the last quarter; I could go one, but I won't. We need to introduce some youth.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
I guess this will answer the tanking question. Can't believe we're going to be staring a spoon in the face after we hired a guy to get us a flag in Judd's time. Richmond special this one.

Reply #11

Pick 2 is almost as good and it doesn't come with a spoon!  ;D

Reply #12
Don't care about the result, really I don't !!

With our season down the tube, the only thing we can get out of the year is the development of the younger guys in the hope that we can sell a future to our membership base next year.

I just want to see some changes at the selection table and I want to see the serial offenders from tonight dropped permanently. McLean & Carrazzo are the first two to go, Armfield is finished as well !!

I'm looking to the future, it is imperative that we give senior games to the young guys now who not only warrant them, but are physically capable of handling the rigours of the game.

Johnson looks like he may have a future, gave some glimpses tonight so reward that by keeping him in the team. Bring in Graham and anyone else who is fit and ready to play !!

We will lose this match, we've lost to every other team below us so we may as well complete the set.  :P

Happy to get a stronger draft position as a benefit.

Dead right Sheik, whilst we've got Broke, Carrots and Army in our midfield we ain't going anywhere. These three must be replaced with some class as a matter of priority.

Reply #13
Its the Pat McCartin cup.....play the kids and if we win great, if we lose its a better draft pick...

Reply #14
Our last easily winnable game for the year. Lose this and we could conceivably go winless for the rest of the season, thus being a strong candidate to finish btm
Eat more chooks